Monday, September 14, 2015

A Little Change

Sometimes we go through periods where something we see everyday, which is perfectly fine and in great shape…just seems… well BLAH! Case in point, this dresser of ours.

FullSizeRender (7) FullSizeRender (8)

Again, it’s perfectly fine but I just didn’t love it anymore. In fact, I pretty much had a love/hate relationship with it. I don’t know why, it never did anything to me but hold my clothes, I just knew I needed to change it.

I get that most won’t like my update because I actually made it look older and distressed.  But you know what? I love it now!

I started by painting it a Robin’s Egg Blue. It was beautiful but not quite what I wanted. So I took some dark wax, applied a layer of it over the blue and wiped with a clean cloth and got the aged look I wanted. I also purchased new hardware for it and voila! My new, aged, dresser!

IMG_4419 

IMG_4421

The good thing is Sammy loved the new look as well (thank goodness) since it was mostly his anyway.  So what do you think, better?

Rita

1 comment:

momtofatdogs said...

YES! Love the drawer pulls.

Sam