Friday, July 31, 2015

Bedroom – update!

This month is slipping by and I haven’t been able to update my latest home renovation pictures.  Ok, well, not that much has happened in my room with the exception of one major change, which is not having to live on cement floors anymore!! Praise the Lord!

I know in the end I’ll probably regret NOT taking a ‘before’ photo of what my room originally looked like HOWEVER, It was so bad I think I can easily forgive myself.

You can at least see in the picture below, the floor in all of its concrete ugliness. Paint had already been added to the wall in this photo but it used to have three beige walls and the large wall you see in the photo was a dark accent wall. It was almost black. It worked for the first couple of years but after that, not so much!

IMG_4035

And now I actually have smooth floors to walk on, or lay on, or dance on, or what ever I please…without the concrete dust cloud it once produced! I can’t begin to tell you about this changing my life.

IMG_4049

I will say that there was a bit of a struggle between Sam and myself during this weekend (4 day remodel). It wasn’t all pretty…no, and there still maybe touchy subjects…but we are still married and happy. That’s a plus. You can actually read about it in this article I wrote for the Dallas Morning News (our local newspaper).

It’s at least good for a laugh. 

http://www.dallasmorningpost.com/2015/07/16/home-remodeling-marriage-vs-divorce/

I’ll update more as we do more. Unfortunately we had a death in the family. I’ll probably write about it(if I can) but it halted some of our housework. So if I do, prepare for the tissues. In the mean time I’ll get back to you on what’s going on in my life and more than likely new room photos!

Love you much and talk to you soon!

Rita

1 comment:

Twice Nice said...

I have missed reading your posts! I need to get back to the blogs more often. The floor looks amazing, and I am so sorry about your loss. We've had those here too this summer. Take care Rita!