Monday, February 16, 2015

Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

I knew it would strike at some point or another.  My lack of blogging finally got the better of me and I had to come up with something, anything to paint and fill this before-and-after gap. So here it is --- Finally!

Last week I remembered I bought this chest of drawers which I picked up for twenty dollars at a yard sale to go in Ashley’s room. Since she’s off at college, we mainly keep the door closed to her room and I tend to forget what lurks behind it. I hadn’t really even decided on a color choice but since I love gray and she loves yellow, I married the two and came up with this.

IMG_4048 

This was what it looked like before (Iphone pic) Yuk, right?!

FullSizeRender

I’d actually tried to get new drawer pulls but didn’t find any that I loved. I had two in hand that were major possibilities but with a price tag of $60, I couldn’t see spending that much. I thought the rustic gray would look beautiful offset with the new yellow pulls I had in mind, but instead opted to buy a $2.50 tub of yellow paint and just DIY my own handles.

I think for a project that cost under $25, it came out pretty damn awesome!

IMG_4051 IMG_4053 IMG_4054

So, in the end I KNOW Ashley will love it, I love it, I got a chance to blog about it, and I didn’t break the bank in the process. It’s crazy what little make up will do for not only 40 year olds but furniture too, haha!

…now what to get my hands on next….

Rita ;)

3 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

so pretty!!!! i have a similar one (shape wise) i have yet to post... i need to do that. maybe i will get to it this week- you've reminded me!

Tami Michel said...

I love it and Im sure Ashley will too. Ive missed chatting with you but have had a hard time keeping up as well

Tami @ Curb Alert! said...

Always love a great furniture makeover and as usual you have done a fantastic job! I am sure she will love it! Cannot beat the price either, wow. You never cease to amaze me with your thriftiness!
Take care friend!
Tami