Sunday, October 12, 2014

When All Else Fails… Craft!

Hey guys how have ya’ll been? I just had a quick project I wanted to share with you that I made this weekend! I actually saw this awesome frame on a wall where my church group meets and fell in love!! Isn’t it gorgeous?!

photo (1)

It really got the creative juices going in my mind and I decided to do a knock off of this for a Pintrest Party I’m planning with these ladies! But as any good crafter knows, you have to create said project first to see how it all pans out, gather costs, and plan accordingly.  So that’s just what I did this weekend ;)

First I gathered supplies. I wanted to do something very affordable and as you can see from the picture above, you’re looking at a minimum, $25 project. Not gonna work for me, so I looked around and this is what I came up with.

First of all the wood on the original picture is a thicker bead board so I found a lower grade style and cut it down to size.  Then I found two wood frame cut outs at Michael’s. The intricate one to the right was $4 (reasonable) and the simple one to the left was only $1(even better).

IMG_3625

IMG_3626

Since I LLLOOOOOVVVEEEE Chevron, I thought it would be better paired with the simple frame, and placed the intricate frame on a soft grey background. I think they came out pretty nice considering they were my first attempts haha! I’m just hoping my new friends at church have as much fun with this project as I did!

IMG_3639 IMG_3647

Total cost per frame was : $10 for the blue intricate frame and $5 for the yellow with Chevron.

IMG_3641 IMG_3644

IMG_3637

I’ll keep you posted on our little party once we pick a date!

Crafts…
Coffee…
Friends….
…yep, count me in!

Rita ;)

No comments: