Wednesday, July 02, 2014

For My Friends!

3d0cd0332a0401e59ba2ea651f1651e0
There comes a time in your life when you need a friend.  If your lucky, you are already surrounded by them. If your even more fortunate than that, they are the really good kind of friends. Not just the ones that go to the movies or go shopping with you, but the ones that feel what you are going through and they listen and empathize when life is just too much to handle.

And if you are truly blessed, you have the type of friend who changes the course of your life forever. They don’t just empathize, they don’t judge you, and they don’t just offer support.  They are tough, they are wise and without them, that glimpse of a silver lining would never come into fruition. They keep you sane and keep you on a healthy path that you might hate at the time, but that you so desperately need to be on. Without them in your life, you simply could not handle the curveball life will through at you and sometimes turn your world upside down. They keep you grounded, keep you focused and all the while, cry with you and hold your hand. They are your back bone when yours just doesn’t work anymore. They are the little angels who’s wings work over time because not only are they carrying their own load, but sometimes yours as well.

Today, I’m in such a great point in my life and it’s hard to believe that once upon a time I felt that bad. I have a friend of mine who is going through a tough time in their life very similar to what I went through ten years ago. It brought back so many emotions for me,  but the one thing that has hit me the most is remembering the dear friends I had that kept me afloat while I was drowning. I wasn’t just led to the light at the end of the tunnel,  but sometimes gently pushed there by them.  I would have never in a million years imagined that I’d be the one holding hands with someone walking in the same shoes I was in at that point in my life.

Today was another day of me trying to smile and help my friend. It was so much that I felt the need to get some of it out and write which is what I tend to do (sorry world) but it helps.
So while I’m trying to be strong for my friend, offering what I once deemed “harsh words of wisdom” in order to help them, let me also say this, because you never know who needs to hear it and because that someone just may be you:

We all have CRAP in our life.
Crud doesn’t pick whose life it hits- we can only hope it skips our lives but chances are it doesn’t.
And for whatever reason we go through what we go through, you have to find the smallest little tidbit of hope because I promise it is there, you just have to find it, and I believe you will!

This is when my “make your own sunshine” motto reigns true. It sure as heck may not feel like it but there are little rays of sunshine all around you. If you can’t find them, make them!

We all have strength within us, sometime we just need to be reminded of it. Believe in yourself because sometimes you’re all you’ve got and you ARE important!

Today, I can only hope I can be the friend I need to be and if I’m lucky at all, I can be an ounce of what my friends were to me!

To Cindy: I love you, thank you for forever changing the course of my life! I wouldn’t be in this lovely spot without you!
To Andrea: For everything, for always and forever, I love you and Thank you!
To Maricia and Claudia: I think it goes without saying that our friendship has come full circle and we know how lucky we are to have each other!
And to my Debbie (Debs, Deborah Lynn): With out a doubt, because of you, I’ve never stopped believing!

Love you all!
Rita

2 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

such a sweet post-your friends are lucky to have you! and likewise it sounds.

holli said...

This is so sweet! PRAISE God for friends.