Thursday, June 19, 2014

My Job if I Choose to Accept…and of course I accept…duh!

My friend and fellow coworker Vanessa, asked if I’d help her with a piece of furniture she had and wanted to keep for her new house.  Without even looking at it, I of course said YES! I wouldn’t be me if I said otherwise! 

I just got it today and HAD to share it with you.  Also, the thing I LOVE about designers is they’re details. She gave me a rendering of what she had in mind:

vanessa-idea 
Here’s what it actually looks like:
dresser front view dresser side view with draw open

You can’t tell to well from this picture but the clear coat on the top is pretty damaged which gives it that shattered glass look.  I’m actually super excited about that part because it comes off really easy and it’ll make the finished product that much sweeter!

Oh and last thing is that the two bottom drawers will have to be removed and I haven’t yet inspected how I’ll do that but I”m sure it’s nothing a hot cup of coffee can’t solve!

I’ll be back with the finished product next week!
Rita

4 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

good luck! can't wait to see it done!

holli said...

Oh i'm excited!! Keep the drawers and use them as shelves too.

Tami Michel said...

Just now catching up on my reading from the last few weeks. I love your pallet art and I know this piece will come out a new beauty! cannot wait to see it, good luck!
Tami

Twice Nice said...

Now that's a fun project! Look forward to seeing the end result.