Tuesday, June 03, 2014

I GET TO WRITE BLOG POSTS!!

e4d3f7602c0ab0449a2224cb8c06cdc9

If you follow my blog, you know I’ve recently made a career change and it’s quite frankly been the best move I’ve made! Things are falling in to place better than I’ve expected and I’m happy!!

Insert  Beaches Quote:
…free at last…free at last., Thank God Almighty I’m free at last!!

I sure hope you’ve seen that movie so you can have the mental image of CiCi Bloom and Hillary, the way I’m picturing them now : )

Before I go further, let me add that  I’ve thought about how I haven’t really posted anything about furniture on my “furniture” blog but just know I will when I have something, I promise. For now, I’m just going to update you from time to time on my life,  secretly hoping you were just waiting for the update mkay!

OH and in case you’re wondering,I have two furniture projects I’m currently working on but  (sadly) I’m painting an old white bed frame, WHITE and a wood stained dresser, well…cherry wood! So, yeah, I doubt I’ll be posting them since they won’t look very different. But they are for a family member whom I love so I’ll just do what she asks and be happy about it.

So, On to my job and exciting news (for me anyway)!

I was asked recently at work if I like to write (no I’m not kidding). In fact the conversation went something like:

coworker: Are you pretty good at writing?
me: um I think so, yes!
coworker: How would you feel about writing a blog post or two…
me: (cutting her off due to excitement pulsing through my veins) YES I ACCEPT!!!  I’M ALL OVER IT!!! WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO WRITE ABOUT???…

You get the idea of how that went down. But yes, I get to write blog posts at work. Yippeee!!  I’ll admit some will be difficult because I have to write about certain topics I’m not too familiar with but I fully intend to liven them up so someone will WANT to read them. 

sigh…ain’t life grand?

Thanks for listening to me and as always, your support!

Rita

4 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

WOW! so awesome!!!! i am happy for you!

holli said...

How cool is that!!! I bet they're so grateful that they asked you.

Tami Michel said...

Congratulations! That will be a fun new project! thanks for your little note on my blog the other day, I needed it!
Love ya!
Tami

Twice Nice said...

Yea Rita! Sounds like they found the right girl for the challenge. And I'd love to hear how you are doing. I may start some of that too, especially when I get into some of these 7 and 8 piece custom orders that take me forever.