Thursday, June 26, 2014

Dreamy Dresser

Yay! She’s done and she was so much fun to help dress up!!

You saw her before:
IMG_3561

(Pardon Chrysanthemum’s tail in the photo)

But just so you get a better picture of what I had to work with, let me show you a close up of the top. I call this OFR- Old Furniture Rash! That is not a technical term, but it’s gross and looks like a rash for old furniture. Hence the name!

 IMG_3565

It’s basically what people who paint furniture usually hate! I myself have a love/hate relationship with it. I hate it because it makes life harder when painting it, but I also love it because it makes the finished product THAT MUCH more amazing!

AND THIS MY FRIENDS IS THE OOOOHHH, AHHHH MOMENT WHEN THIS OFR COMES OFF!

….AHHHHH IT’S REAL WOOD!

IMG_3570

The second small complication is my friend wanted the bottom two drawers removed. The thing is, older furniture is always solid so it is a bit more difficult to remove.

IMG_3567

They definitely didn’t mess around back then did they? I had to pull out the big guns in order to remove that middle piece and what I found out was that the back piece in the way, way back was part of the back brace so it needed to stay.

IMG_3569

And once again, this is what she envisioned (via her rendering because she is a designer and they always come prepared):
vanessa-idea 
The only change we made (besides keeping the back bar) was to paint it a lighter shade of grey which I think looks awesome!! I chose Annie Sloan Paris Grey. The dark gray just didn’t do this piece justice.

And here she is now!!  Pretty close don’t you think?

IMG_3587

 
IMG_3575 IMG_3576 IMG_3578

And NO MORE rash crap!!  That top is as smooth as a baby’s bottom!!

Have to say it was wonderful getting to play around again with my paints!  I love it! What do you think?

Rita

4 comments:

holli said...

Looks fantastic!!!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

you did a fabulous job! it looks perfect and so close to the inspiration!

Twice Nice said...

I'd say you nailed that likeness! Gorgeous! It looks very sophisticated, and that top was a lovely mess wasn't it. Much better now!

Kre8ive Life said...

She looks really great. Awesome job