Wednesday, May 07, 2014

You know where you’ve been but where have I been??

Gosh, do we have enough time for that? I mean, life changes people! 

Don’t worry, I’m not going to bore you with the details nor will I make excuses about why the long distance silence, but I will tell you I’m happy in a new job!! For those of you who don’t know, I’m a creative, go lucky girl who would dance underneath rainbows her entire life if at all possible, yet my heart wasn’t loving my (old) job.  Nope, it didn’t work for me and unfortunately I complained way too often about it.  In fact, one day Sam asked me “my goodness woman, what is it that you want in a job?!”. So I told him “I have no idea!!!”. Truth was I had some idea so I listed them to him:

1. I need to be a part of a team that truly helps each other out.
2. I need to be able to help someone who needs helping so I’ll love doing it! (I’m a helper not a leader which was pretty obvious when I’d make cupcakes rather than reprimand)
3. I need some creativity in my life!!

So what happened…Mary Poppins happened, that’s what! Remember in Mary Poppins when the kids made a list of how their nanny should be, then when it got torn up, the pieces were magically lifted into the clouds???  Well same scenario pretty much! I bumped into a woman I had sent a resume a long time ago who owned her own graphic company.  Long story short, she called me, we met and I am now part of a creative team, helping her out and loving it thus far!

And get this, we have a 'meet the team’ page with all our pictures (there are only 10 of us) and our bio. How fun is that!! If you scroll over our pictures, there are some pretty funny photos as well.   You can check it out here:  http://jptgraphics.com/team

Ah life,… sometimes you give us lemons but then you send us all the ingredients we need to make lemonade, plus a blanket and sandwiches for a big picnic!

Don’t worry, I’ll keep you up to date on my life, my furniture and all that fun in between stuff!

Lovin’ Life,
Rita

2 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

so happy for you, rita!

holli said...

Congrats!!! Having a job you love is the best thing. I am so fortunate that i love going to work everyday. I have missed your posts though lady.