Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Scenes From My Weekend at SXSW

Don’t let the title fool you. I was “technically” at South by Southwest in Austin but I only saw a portion of it. My main point of interest was the Renegade Craft Fair.  It was my birthday gift to get to go kid free, with Sam and it was WONDERFUL. The only downside was when anyone asked Sam where he was going, he had to say a craft fair rather than “to see bands”. That’s love isn’t it!

Without further ado, here are pictures of my little vacay and what I deem “inspirational”. I left Austin with that feeling Crafter’s get when they are amongst other crafter’s - inspired, refreshed, and lucky to be a part of “art”.

(and these are iPhone pics so sorry in advance!)

photo 3 (2)    photo 2 (4)IMG_2619 (1)  IMG_2621 (1)   photo 1 (4) photo 2 (3)photo 1 (5) photo 4 (3) photo 2 (1)photo 3 (5)photo 2 photo 1 (1)photo 4 photo 1 (2)photo 3 (3) photo 3 (4)  photo 4 (1) photo 4 (2)

HOPE YOU ENJOYED- I DID!!

5 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

looks SO amazing!!!

holli said...

WHAT!! The glitter zen garden stopped my heart. Great pictures of such fun stuff. Glad you got rejuvenated and inspired. very cool! My husband went to a craft fair with me in Waco and all he said was we had to stop at the Harley shop on way home. LOL. He wouldnt be able to not see some bands though. We both love music too much.

Olivia said...

Wait I did NOT realize Renegade was last weekend! It's usually like a month after SXSW... Aw man. Bummed I missed out! Did you buy anything?

momtofatdogs said...

What kind of goodies did you come home with? I spent a 3 days in Pigeon Forge (Dollywood area) for a quilt show & did horrendous amount of retail therapy. Fabric, fabric & yes...more fabric.

momtofatdogs said...

What kind of goodies did you come home with? I spent a 3 days in Pigeon Forge (Dollywood area) for a quilt show & did horrendous amount of retail therapy. Fabric, fabric & yes...more fabric.