Tuesday, January 21, 2014

What Not To Wear When You Paint

I got to thinking about this yesterday when I was painting. We obviously have different outfits for different occasions, right?

Yoga

Yoga Outfits I want for Hot Yoga!!!
Swim Wear

LOLO Moda: Beautiful black & white swimming wear

Everyday Attire:

Cool fashion style, www.lolomoda.com

But what about painters? What do they wear? Well I can tell you what I wear, Ha!  So pay attention if you want to save yourself some time and grief:

IMG_3216-001IMG_3217-001

Yes that’s me in all my glory. And this is AFTER I’ve lost like 15 lbs!! Gosh I’ve got a long way to go!

So here’s my list:
1. Dress Comfortable- That’s a given, but you really don’t want to be too loose or too tight.
2. Wear pants/shorts that fit- You notice I have on draw string pants- You will do a lot of bending so you really don’t want to be pulling them up all the time. It’s just a big pain in the butt so I’d advise against it.
3. Wear clothes you will never wear in public- hence this attire I’ve had for years. Grant it, my shirt has stayed semi clean but these pants, they look REALLY bad!
4. Shoes- make sure they are comfortable, don’t come untied too easy, and again, something you don’t mind getting paint, in on and under. I don’t know how that happens, but it happens to me.  My shoes of choice are my 3 year old converse in size 5 1/2. YES, I have a very small foot!!
6. UNDERWEAR- We don’t think of this too often but this is very important!  FULL COVERAGE! I repeat, FULL COVERAGE! It goes a long way and again, all the pulling, yanking, tugging… no one has time for that.  You will bend, you will move all around, you will stretch, you will get into positions you didn’t think you could. The last thing you want to do is mess around with aggravating panties! Do yourself a favor, and say these words “cute does not equal comfortable”. Not in this case anyway. And if your top heavy such as myself, a good bra doesn’t hurt either!

I think that about covers it. Oh! and Hair! Just pull it out of your face. Remember what your momma said when she combed the living heck out of your hair and pulled it up into the tightest of tight pony tails. Get your hair out of your face dear!

Hope this helps and if you remember something that I’m missing, just let me know. I’m all ears!

Have a wonderful, sunshiny kinda day!

3 comments:

momtofatdogs said...

I can't even COOK without getting stuff on me. So I have to "dress" for cooking. Love all the posts Rita! YOu're on a roll.

Sam

holli said...

I have yucky flip flops i wear when i paint. I used to paint barefoot and stained my bathtub too many times. hahaha

Nadine @ Chic with the Kool-Aid Mustache said...

Great advice...specially about the damn underwear...lol...hate it when I'm constantly pulling them up. Since I work during the day and sometimes the only time I get to paint is the little window of time from the time I get home till the time I have to cook dinner I often end up painting in whatever I wore to work...or casual clothes I change into as soon as I get home, of course never thinking that I'll get paint on them cause I'm so neat and *cough* tidy! I've ruined more clothes cause I just had to get one more coat of paint on something...lol. Saturday work days are full on paintable clothes though!