I got to thinking about this yesterday when I was painting. We obviously have different outfits for different occasions, right?
But what about painters? What do they wear? Well I can tell you what I wear, Ha! So pay attention if you want to save yourself some time and grief:
Yes that’s me in all my glory. And this is AFTER I’ve lost like 15 lbs!! Gosh I’ve got a long way to go!
So here’s my list:
1. Dress Comfortable- That’s a given, but you really don’t want to be too loose or too tight.
2. Wear pants/shorts that fit- You notice I have on draw string pants- You will do a lot of bending so you really don’t want to be pulling them up all the time. It’s just a big pain in the butt so I’d advise against it.
3. Wear clothes you will never wear in public- hence this attire I’ve had for years. Grant it, my shirt has stayed semi clean but these pants, they look REALLY bad!
4. Shoes- make sure they are comfortable, don’t come untied too easy, and again, something you don’t mind getting paint, in on and under. I don’t know how that happens, but it happens to me. My shoes of choice are my 3 year old converse in size 5 1/2. YES, I have a very small foot!!
6. UNDERWEAR- We don’t think of this too often but this is very important! FULL COVERAGE! I repeat, FULL COVERAGE! It goes a long way and again, all the pulling, yanking, tugging… no one has time for that. You will bend, you will move all around, you will stretch, you will get into positions you didn’t think you could. The last thing you want to do is mess around with aggravating panties! Do yourself a favor, and say these words “cute does not equal comfortable”. Not in this case anyway. And if your top heavy such as myself, a good bra doesn’t hurt either!
I think that about covers it. Oh! and Hair! Just pull it out of your face. Remember what your momma said when she combed the living heck out of your hair and pulled it up into the tightest of tight pony tails. Get your hair out of your face dear!
Hope this helps and if you remember something that I’m missing, just let me know. I’m all ears!
Have a wonderful, sunshiny kinda day!