Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Dear Ford Fusion

Christmas break is over and the house is less one child…and well…a car.
I knew the day would come where “my” car would be upgraded and the car that took my precious children to school everyday, would soon belong to my oldest.  And while I’m TOTALLY THRILLED that I can finally have a car that’s fun and cute and sporty and small, well there’s still a sadness that’s there for that ol’ car that’s now off at a college campus.

So my little Ford, this one’s for you:

Dear Ford Fusion,

I wanted to thank you for always being here for me. For always getting me everywhere I needed to go. For always being dependable and affordable and for hauling all my furniture finds around.  You were always there for me no matter the weather, and never slowed down one bit. You are so lucky dear Fusion, because you’ve seen my two beautiful angels turn into their own, one sunshiny and yellow and the other, well morbid and dark, but you’ve loved them the same regardless.  You toted around their friends, our family, and  the pets we have now and the ones we’ve lost.

Don’t worry though, you’re still a member of this always growing family! But today you start a new chapter in your life as well. You get to live the college life, tote around college kid crap, and her loving, boisterous, loud loving, “go get um”minded sisters and friends. I know that one will be tough but you’ve handled a lot already, so I know you can do it!

I only ask one last thing of you while you’re experiencing the “college life” and that’s to do for her as  you’ve always done for me. Keep my girl safe, drive her down the safest roads in her life, and be there for her to run and cry to when she needs to get out of  that occasional “life moment”.  She’s gonna need you! And above all else, bring her safely home.

Until the next time I see you, loaded down with dirty laundry, more pairs of shoes and scarves than anyone should have and more than likely, sporting something to the tune of -Gamma Phi Beta!Thank you friend for all the memories!

Love, your previous owner,
Rita

Me and Brianna weathering the Winter Storm in the Fusion. Notice I’m trying to take a picture and keep my eyes on the road!photo (2)

And my new car! A Mini Cooper Clubman.  LOVE IT and so excited for myself!

photo 1

Have yourself a WONDERFUL DAY!

4 comments:

Tami Michel said...

How sweet! I'm sure it will take good care of her and vice versa. As for your new great ride, maybe you should take it on a little roadtrip...like down to Houston!

Vickie Mireles said...

A great early 40th birthday present. I'm so excited for you and I can't wait for you to take me in a ride.

Twice Nice said...

Ahhh, that's a sweet post! Love your Coop! I'm still dreaming of a sweet little Beetle some day. Of course I don't want it to drive around here, it's for when I live on Hawaii once again. Uh huh ;-)

Michaele Drakes said...

Such a sweet gesture! I'm sure your daughter will have a grand time with the Ford Fusion, as you had. As for you, such parting at least paved the way for new adventures with your new car. You'll probably miss your Fusion at first, but I'm sure you'll eventually come to grips with it. Happy driving!

Michaele Drakes @ PayLessCar.com