Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Biting Off More Than We Could Chew

photo

I definitely tend to do this a lot, however, if we don’t aim for the sky then what’s the point,  right?! I’ve been updating you on my living room that I wanted to “live” in rather than just pass up on the way to my bedroom. Well I finally got it. I apologize for not having the pictures ready but I will take them this weekend now that ALL the Christmas décor is put away and I’ll have some sunlight when I get home.

While it’s still not completely done, I can at least show you what we managed to accomplish within our time limit and budget. I’m pretty happy, what can I say, and if you follow me on instagram @ritamakessunshine (yes that says “rita makes sunshine” and no I’m not vain), then you’ve seen some glimpses here and there.

If it’s one thing I’ve learned from this past year and plan to follow, it’s not to stress about the things I can’t do. I’d rather celebrate the things I can and when I look at my lovely little room, it makes my heart smile! Not saying that I’d love to be one of those, what I call “Brand Name Blogs”, that have professional looking pictures of their overwhelmingly gorgeous homes, but alas, I am of the generic decent and have a small yet functional abode that I take a lot of pride in. As for my pictures...yeah… well, I’m working on that.

I really do hope that if anything I accomplish this year, it’s to inspire, be inspired, always give, and always be grateful. It is VERY easy to compare yourself to all the bigger guys out there in the world so take pride in what you’ve got because it’s yours and it should make you happy! (Gosh these meds are kickin’ in – I felt all Oprah Winfrey just now!)

Here’s where we are:

House Renovation: Living Room

· Painting (check)
· Sand/ restain floor (no check)
· Bookshelves (no check)
· Area rug (check)
· Rearrange furniture (check)
· Possible new furniture (check)
· NEW ENTRY WAY!! (check)

I think 5 out of 7 isn’t bad considering the hubs and I found out just how opposite we are during this whole process! When they said opposites attract, I think they were talking about us.

For example  here’s a funny, but true story and further proves my theory:
I can make a friend very easily!! Don’t get me wrong, he’s a very friendly person… once he gets to know you.  So the other day when I commented on a fellow blogger’s instagram post, he thought it was so strange that I actually commented on someone’s picture whom I’ve never met in real life. I think it was of her daughter which further weirded him out. What can I say, I’m friendly!  Fast forward to a few days later when we were at the mall getting on the elevator. He kept looking at this guy nearby (you could tell he was trying to place him) then he finally blurted out “ Where do I know you from???”… the guy replied “I work with you”.  Oh Sammy, Sammy, Sammy!

Remember pictures to come soon, I promise!

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

you have done great so far! and you have a whole new year ahead.

holli said...

LOL- that is soooo funny that he didnt recognize his coworker!
I just requested to follow your instagram.
Cant wait for the pictures.

Twice Nice said...

I love your attitude of celebrating what does get accomplished! I think I shall attempt to emulate you instead of focusing on the long list of home projects that still await me!