Monday, December 09, 2013

Hudson’s Race Track Table

Ya’ll I’m not done with this yet, but for the sake of linking up to the DARE to DIY link up party, I had to get this in today! eek!

This week’s challenge is a hand made gift and mine is for a super precious boy named Hudson whom just became a big brother this year! I’ll be meeting the new addition this month (so excited). 

IMG_3000

I had this in mind for him for a couple of months now and I’m hoping he LOVES it. I will say the hardest part of this whole project was the tools I had to paint with. They just really suck… I’m not going to lie! I need like “real” paint brushes. I literally used one small brush that belongs to Brianna for all the detail work. When I got super frustrated with it, I busted out a sharpie for some of the finer lines. You can totally tell on the numbers. I’ll have to go over those when my blood pressure drops.

IMG_2995IMG_2998

Just incase you don’t recognize this small table, this is what it looked like before (and before that):

YellowTable_Bef2YellowTable1

I can’t wait to have him open this up! If he points out my flaws I’ll probably die, but I’m sure he won’t mind.

Don’t forget to go by the link up party for some great gift ideas!
Rita

Linking up with: Decor and the Dog, Maybe Matilda, Newlywoodwards and Primitive and Proper!’’

and Kammy’s Korner

9 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

What a fun idea! Love the painting on the top!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

how fun is that!!! love it, rita! hudson is lucky!

Lets just build a house! said...

That DOES look like a lot of work. I'm sure he will love it!

Katy said...

Adorable!! And hand painted too, wow! I've hand painted a few things and it is a labor of love. I'm sure he'll love it!

Kammy Wielenga said...

Rita, you are so smart!!! I love this and I'm pinning!! :) (And he will love it too!!!!!)

Tami Michel said...

Hudson is one lucky dude. How cute!

michelle@decorandthedog said...

This is a super fun idea! I'm sure he'll love it!

Debbie said...

Rita, this is FANTASTIC! He will love it! You are so awesome :) I really hope you're feeling better!

Debbie said...

Rita, this is FANTASTIC! He will love it :) I love it! You are so sweet and awesome and I really hope you're feeling better!