Sunday, December 01, 2013

5 Minute Christmas Place Cards

 

IMG_2967

I’m back to the DARE to DIY challenge with place cards I created this weekend. I do have a confession to make first. It really took a little more than 5 minutes so I may have fibbed there, but that was only because Chrysanthemum (our crazy cat) kept running away with my red craft cord!

The theme of this weeks challenge is “Entertain”.  You all know I’m a “use what I have” kind of gal so the only thing purchased for this setting was the red cord which was half off at Hobby Lobby!(score!). So not only did it take a few minutes to make I paid $1.50. That my friends…is what the HECK I’m talking about!

After contemplating what I should make, I headed over to Hobby Lobby for inspiration and crafts to begin said project. Well nothing hit like I wanted it to, so I began to think about what I had at home that I could use.  That’s when I saw some ceramic spools they had on display and remembered the hundred I had at home that are sitting in my craft box.

IMG_2964IMG_2965

All I did was simply tied a piece of cording around my spool and hot glued the dowel rod into the center of the spool. Then I cut out the stocking with left over glitter foam board I had and added a piece of white material to the top of the stocking. If I had a pen that writes on material without bleeding, I would have totally used that for adding the name to the top but since I didn’t, I used my glitter paint instead.

Again, this was Extremely Easy…like a 1 on the easy scale. Seriously, the hardest part was fighting the cat. And in case you’re wondering why the first photo is behind a white backdrop, that’s because I could NOT get a photo of it without the cat sneaking in and ruining my shot! This was the best one:

IMG_2968

I thought she finally wore herself out…but as soon as I moved the spool, there she went! sheesh!

Hope you like, and remember to visit the hosting site MAYBE MATILDA for more Christmas inspiration!


Thanks for stopping by,
Rita

6 comments:

Rita said...

sadfs

michelle@decorandthedog said...

Adorable and festive!

Rachel said...

So cute! I love the shot with the cat ;-) And great job on using what you have! I'm on board with you there!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Fun idea to use the spools! This looks great! Thanks for linking up!

holli said...

Very cute and creative and i love the last picture with cat behind it.

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

supre cute, rita! i love the use of spools!