Sunday, November 03, 2013

Sometimes the Pause Button Doesn’t Work!

Hi Guys! Yes, I’ve missed blogging, yes, I needed a great big ol’ pause button on my life, yes, I still plan on doing furniture and YES, I am so READY to start now!! 

I’ve learned this month “off” that I REALLY need to be painting furniture. It helps me SOOO much! I thought that after deciding to close my both at Lula B’s that I should super slow down in the painting department, and I was wrong!!!  I shouldn’t have. So what if sales are slow, so what if I have NO time in the day to do it. I guess I didn’t realize how much it helped me until I stopped. I will make time from now on!

I still want to close my booth  (for a while anyway) and then see where God leads me, but I think when I ask in my prayers at night “what should I do, where do I go…” and he answers with furniture…Yeah, I better listen! 

So on a side note, God if you want to send me some Black Milk Paint, I would totally be okay with that. And I’m sure it means that my next project has to be painted with it, right?!(haha). Yeah I know it doesn’t work that way but man I can’t tell you how much He’s directed me of late and it’s great! I ACCEPT!!

be the Change you wish to see - life quote Poster, Inspirational typography Art Print, black and white minimalist wall decor

                                                      Via Etsy

So I decided today not to give up. There’s a bigger picture here guys and I aim to find it out! I get that we all get down on life but I’m choosing not to! And today after getting a new buffet (I really should have never even stumbled upon), two new desks, and a bookshelf, I’m taking these clues to heart and I’m painting them! It sooths my soul and wakes my brain! I know I definitely needed it!

I can’t wait to get started, get ready for the holidays and to share with you all here! Thanks for listening to me rant! I promise not to be too intolerable!

Rita

6 comments:

momtofatdogs said...

I have missed you Rita! I too have not been doing much of ANYTHING...I mean I have been busy, you know...the 2 middle letters of LIFE. I have been a very good girl though. I have not purchased any furniture, or any fabric. And the only sewing I have done has been to make reusable shopping bags.

Sam

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

wishing you all the best! follow your heart!

holli said...

I've been looking forward to your next project! YES you better listen to HIM because he wins everytime regardless. :)

Twice Nice said...

Can't wait to see what you get up to next! Please God, send Rita some black milk paint!!

Vickie Mireles said...

I love your approach and yes you need to keep doing Furniture. It's your calling and you have an amazing talent. Don't ever let it go to waste. Love you Rita!

Anonymous said...

I missed you Rita!I've been doing so many projects that I've been wanting to show you!
-Julissa Schuster