Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Living Room Painting is DONE!!!! Check!

I told you yesterday about my poor planning when it came to painting the living room and had pictures to boot, but as of last night, the painting is Complete and we are ready for phase 2.

We will be sanding and restaining  the living room floor next, which I CAN NOT wait to get done! For that reason, we are not moving furniture around so my pictures are of the wall color minus any wall decor.

IMG_2865IMG_2867IMG_2870

Now for my table, I had this great idea when I first started that project, that I could stain it and not wipe it down as I ought to have and then I sealed it with a wax sealant therefore causing a big thick yucky layer for the cats to sink their talons into. Of course, that wasn’t my idea but it quickly became the reality and my poor table started to look like crap once again. BUT THIS TIME…I did it right! I stained then wiped with a clean rag and the table got two coats of polyurethane! The base was also painted which I LOVE even if some of you might not. I wanted it to look extremely warn and opted to use different colors that you could actually see and that weren’t blended together.  Kind of like a bad paint job that was several years old. I think it’s amazing.

Here’s what it looks like now:

IMG_2833IMG_2853IMG_2855IMG_2860

I’m in love with it now and my little heart is content! …Now for those chairs….

See you later guys,
Rita

4 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

the table looks so great! love the new finish! and love the walls!

Tami Michel said...

I think, I mean YOU think it looks great and that's all that matters! Tami

holli said...

love it!!! great table

Vickie Mireles said...

Love it!!!