Monday, November 11, 2013

Home Transformation: Living Room and a Shanty Meet up

Well my weekend started with a trip to Home Goods to meet Ashley and Whitney from Shanty 2 Chic. I’ve been following them for a few years and am always in AWE at what they build. Their house seriously looks like Pottery Barn exploded all over but the thing is ..they build everything themselves.  WOW!!   Brianna and I took a trip down tot Southlake to visit them in person and even received gift cards for being one of the first 50 people! Woo Hoo!

photo 1 (5)

Have to say standing there next to them, I didn’t feel as frumpy as I thought. Those girls are SO inspirational and I may have told them like 20 times!

I’ve also told you about a few changes in my life like the closing of my booth, which I’ve mentioned like all the time and all over the place. Dare I say, not only so that you can support me as friends always do, but so that you are prompted (if you’re in the area) to buy some stuff and I won’t have to lug it all home on Nov. 30!!

I’m excited to see what changes are on the horizon but one things for certain, there will be much needed time spent around my house,  If you have a booth and are reading this, you will totally understand that!  I spend lots of time there and one major thing that was neglected this past year was my house, so I’m changing that!

ENTER:  House Renovation, part 1 :Living Room

This section will include:

· Painting
· Sand/ restain floor
· Bookshelves
· Area rug
· Rearrange furniture
· Possible new furniture (this is undecided)
· NEW ENTRY WAY!! See previous post

So far this weekend after church (Which I LOVE by the way) my sister came over and helped me paint the living room.  I forgot to take a before picture but I snapped a few shots after we started moving the furniture to the center of the room.

photo 1 (3)photo 1 (4)photo 2 (5)photo 3 (3)

Don’t mind the “AWESOME” desk I found for $10 that I need to paint. This is it’s temporary staging ground!

And during the process:
photo 1 (2)photo 4 (2)

We ran out of paint with one wall left to paint but we’ll get that done this week.

Everything went back as it was until we can get to the floors. Once that is done, we’ll work on the furniture rearranging and I’ll start working on my new buffet that I bought for 20 bucks!!!  I had originally had my mind set on gray but after choosing this color on the walls, I thinking that will change. We’ll see.

I’ll keep you posted as we finish the living room up. Then we are onto the kids rooms,  then ours. My room will be a major reno since we are currently on a cement floors and we may even need to break the concrete because of a leak, so this is not on my “let’s get this done before Christmas” list!  But again, I’ll be journaling about it so you’ll get to read all about it here. Aren’t I so sweet! Haha!

Hope you have a good day and see you later for part 2!

Rita

3 comments:

momtofatdogs said...

Rita ~ I think we were separated at birth.......We think too much alike. I am on a path to re-doing MY living room! Only you're much more ambitious than I am. Well, you're taking more ACTION. I am not going to paint. I am going to change the curtains (bought the fabric already) change the area rug (got to save up the $$ for that) and make slipcovers for the furniture which consists of 1 couch, 2 chairs & an ottoman. I'm just tired of brown. I won't paint the furniture as Prince Charming built the entertainment unit (nearly lost his finger doing it too..)But? I'm headed there!

Sam

Tami Michel said...

So many changes for you but they all sound good! I just cannot believe the furniture that you score at such amazing prices! I love the paint color you chose, I REALLY need to break out of the red black and brown and incorporate more blues/grays!
Tami
p.s. how awesome that you got the meet the Shanty girls!!

holli said...

Totally the most fabulous desk for 10$!! You find the most amazing deals i've ever seen. I will need to try to come to your booth for sure since i'm a Dallas girl (Euless). How fun that you scored the 50$ card in Southlake!
I cant wait to see what you do next.