Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Knobless Dresser

First, thanks to those of you playing along with my challenge. I promise you’ll feel so much better about yourself when you finish that little project that’s been plaguing your mind for quite some time now. And then I’ll get to post about it and it will be even more wonderful!! Right!!??   More on that tomorrow!!

Today, I wanted to show you part two of my “To-Do List” that was crossed off this weekend.

As far as classification goes, I never really know what something this size should be called…dresser, night stand, table??? I just call it a dresser if it has drawers and looks like one, even if it is little, ha!

So here you have a dresser that I picked up for more than my usual 5 bucks. This guy was 8, and so well worth it with these bones, am I right?! He had everything going for him except for, well, no knobs and needing a paint job.

IMG_2701IMG_2703

FYI, it had two drawer pulls, one white knob at the bottom and that thing in the middle is a screw with a nut at the end.  Be still my heart (said sarcastically of course)!

I found some pulls in my stash that matched so I got lucky and used what I had. This is what it looks like now.

IMG_2711IMG_2714IMG_2716

He’s a Duck Egg Blue (not Annie Sloan…I wish) but I think he came out appropriately don’t you!

OK, get with it you all and send me a before shot of what you are going to work on this week and don’t forget I WILL post about it.  Send your “before” shot to rdmireles@gmail.com, even if it is something you haven’t sewn yet, a letter you haven’t written, or a shrub you’ve been dying to pull out of your lawn…send it to me anyway.  OH YAY so much fun!!

See you tomorrow!
Rita

3 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

that is such a pretty color, like rain! i love it! what a difference!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

that is such a pretty color, like rain! i love it! what a difference!

holli said...

8 dollars- holy cow! Such luck with matching pulls too. Great job. I just painted a chandelier so i will send pic to you.