Monday, September 30, 2013

Saying Goodbye to Lula B’s

I decided this weekend that I’m going to give up my space at Lula B’s at the end of this year.  It’s been a year since I signed my lease and believe me when I say I have learned so much, laughed so much and added a year full of great memories being a part of that group.  Unfortunately, sales have gone way down and I’m putting so much money and time into it, that after doing the “numbers”, it’s just not working out in my favor. 

Soooo…what does that mean for my furniture??  Well I still plan on doing furniture, just a lot less now. At least I say that but who the heck really knows what the future holds.  And as for the booth, I’ll be having a major sale in November and December to clear out what I can. The rest will be in my Etsy shop which will still be available. 

 photo (5)

Honestly, I was really wasn’t as heavy hearted as I thought I’d be and like I said, after doing the math and thinking “oh crap, I sure as heck ain’t showing Sammy”… that was the defining moment so to say!

Forgive the iphone pics but these are some of my current vintage finds I have in my booth.  Remember they are all going on sale so if your in the area…RUN DOWN THERE!

photo (6)

photo (7)

I could share some crazy stories I’ve had the pleasure of encountering during my stay at Lula b’s,  like the guy wearing the tutu, or being asked what our Spaghetti policy was while being filmed, or trying to take a shirt off a mannequin and ending up with multiple pieces of her…you know that sort of thing. Or how I learned some cool stuff like Jadeite stones should be cool to the touch, so if you plan on buying one, touch it first.  If it isn’t cooler than room temperature, it isn’t real(isn’t that a cool tidbit).

Not to mention, I’ll have to learn to tame the inner “estate sale buyer” in me so that she won’t try to  tackle people in line when cool vintage mugs are for sale.  That will most definitely be the hard part!!  I think I’ll just have to mange. 

Thanks again for the love and support with my booth, I will always, always appreciate you!
Rita

3 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

best of luck to you!

Vickie Mireles said...

Aw, I'm sad to hear.

holli said...

I'm loving that orange set of mugs and bowls. I'm in Dallas so maybe i should head down there.
Its hard to give up something fun but if its not bringing in money than you gotta do whats smart.
Maybe it will pick up now that the holidays are approaching. People shop more.