Tuesday, September 24, 2013

…and then there was a Bookcase!

Last week I posed a challenge to get one thing off of your list with me. I had a bookcase I’ve been NEEDING to get done for a friend at Sammy’s job. I don’t know about you, but if creativity doesn’t strike immediately things just tend to sit and wait for it…and sometimes that takes longer than expected!!  Which poses another question.  What’s the longest you’ve had something on your “gonna get to it eventually” list. Gosh I’m not even going there with that one!

The bookshelf I found was great for my friends daughter’s room.  She wanted it personalized and other than that, I had free reign but unfortunately, that, didn’t even go as planned.

IMG_2566IMG_2567

Ok totally off subject (as I sometimes do) but do you see that tarp I have under the bookshelf??  That sucker is huge and I had to fold it a few times which was a major pain in the behind.  So one day I happened over to Home Depot and bought a small, like 5x5 one and it is amazing. I can toss that puppy over my shoulder and take it anywhere!  It makes all the difference in the world!  I don’t quite know where I was going with that but, isn’t it funny how difficult we make things on ourselves?

Note to self…simplify!

Now as for the shelf, I wracked my brain trying to come up with a concept and the deadline didn’t help! After inspecting this bookshelf, I realized that there were LOTS of not so pretty parts that paint wasn’t gonna fix so rather than beatifying them I opted to cover them up.  Did I mention I was on a time crunch?! I had extra piece of cute fabric and took that route instead.

IMG_2769

Also, since I took so long I gave my friend a small bench I picked up this weekend. 

WARNING- This is really ugly!

IMG_2736IMG_2737IMG_2740

I didn’t get to personalize them because I felt they already had a lot going on with that floral print but I think it looks good regardless! Plus the girls were happy!

IMG_2766IMG_2767

IMG_2764

What do you think?

and for those of you who contributed…thank you SO MUCH and I appreciate each one of you!!

LOVE ALWAYS,
Rita

7 comments:

Julia from Dozen Flours said...

Love! Love! Love!

Twice Nice said...

I've had one piece that I just can't make myself do for going on 3 years now! Love that cheerful fabric touch! And despite it's starting condition that bench looks so sturdy and sweet!

Meg and Mum's said...

Funky and adorable at the same time! :)

holli said...

What a fun colorful print! Its awesome. What did you use to glue the fabric to book shelf?

Tami Michel said...

I think you made a GREAT choice covering them up and that bench...wow, I think that was one of the ugliest ducklings that you have come across! I know those kiddos are going to love it!

Chris Dodaj said...

You have the cutest stuff Rita!

momtofatdogs said...

Well! They look like a MATCHED set! They look really sweet .

Sam