Monday, September 09, 2013

1 down…500 to go–Challenge!

So I finally applied myself last week and managed to crank out a couple of projects. I have to say it feels great to get TWO things off of my list.

Today I’ll show you this little Garage Sale find for $5!!  It was love at first sight!

IMG_2721IMG_2726IMG_2722IMG_2730IMG_2723IMG_2731

At first I was going go use different knobs and then paint the entire piece a color to match the knobs.  When I told Ashley what I wanted to do, she said I should keep the knobs and the color choice would just come to me. Do you know that girl was right???!!!  Since when does she know more than me??  I looked over my stash of knobs and nothing really spoke to me. I knew I didn’t want to paint the entire thing one color because it would be too much and the knobs really felt like the needed to be painted….then it hit me!!  That beautiful wood needed to show through… so I sanded it smooth and covered some parts with Danish Oil. I painted the rest, including the knobs a gray color I had on hand.  I have to say I’m so happy with the results. Ashley on the other hand wasn’t too enthused so I made her look at it again until sanity finally set in and she liked it! No pressure!

So now I’m challenging you!  Pick ONE…just ONE project you’ve been looking at forever in your house, closet, garage (fill in the blank)  and tell me what it is. It can be the simplest project you have on your list. Scratching one thing off is better than scratching NOTHING !!! So go ahead, tell me what it is and I’ll check in with you to see how you’re doing with it. If I have to quote stupid cliché’s I will.  The fun part is, if you don’t come through, this time next week, I’m totally blogging about you and how you didn’t do what you said you would. And if you do “FINISH SOMETHING”. I’ll blog about you and sing your praises…sound fun…well it does to me.  And if I get like two people I’m totally calling up family members and having them play along!

So what is it you want to accomplish in ONE WEEK????  Don’t forget to leave your email address so I can harass you…

Now GO!!

You’re very loving, up and at’tum Friend,
Rita

5 comments:

momtofatdogs said...

Crud! I am afraid to take this challenge...........and it's a paying project that I need to get off MY plate. I need to get 3 bags, 1 tote & some t-shirts embroidered for a friend.....Wish me luck. But I got 7 days right? Monday thru Sunday?

Ugh. You HAD to throw that glove down...right? Create THAT challenge?

Unfortuneatley, I need the push.

Sam

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

love the two toned look on this one- it's adorable and would be perfect in a tween boy's room!

momma_drea said...

My week starts now. Wish me luck with something.

Tami Michel said...

Oh how I would love to take you up on your challenge but for now I am only going to congratulate you on a cool piece! $5! You always score!

Anonymous said...

I went to a Goodwill yesterday and came back with a jeep full of furniture! I am definately up for the challenge! I have sooo many project I would love to get out of the way :)

BTW....I had to hide the new mirrors I bought from my husband! LOL he said dont buy anything until you sell something.
i didnt listen :-/

Cant wait to show you what I've come up with :)

-Julissa Schuster