Sunday, August 18, 2013

I’m Going Crazy with Cats!

Yes today’s post is all about Cats! But a brief history first.

We’ve never really been cat people, in fact I’m allergic to these furry friends but one day Kunu happened into our lives.

011

We actually didn’t know any better and thought he was a girl so we called him Stella. Anyway he came to the house one day and NEVER NEVER left.  Sammy fell in love with him so he’d sneak him into the house. I on the other hand…put him out every time! I can remember Tubby looking out of the window and Kunu looking right back and Tubby cried…pathetic!! So Kunu went to the vet, we found out he was a boy and he’s been a part of the family ever since.

Fast forward to a few years later when I was at a yard sale and found this little girl.

IMG_0056

We named her Chrysanthemum and she is a big time pain in the butt but we love her so we have to keep her forever. She’s like crazy times ten thousand!!  Not to mention she’s a big furry hair ball and loves to kill and eat bugs(gross).

NOTE: We are done with cats and I’ve put my foot down from adopting any more pets but that doesn’t stop my Sammy from feeding the “outdoor” cats.

Today we went to the store and came home to three cats on the lawn.  They are not technically ours but they are ALWAYS around and they know Sammy and the girls will feed them. Let me introduce you to the extended family.

IMG_2686IMG_2695

IMG_2694

IMG_2699

And who else but good ol’ Kunu inviting his friends over!

IMG_2689

And the mastermind behind all our guests:

IMG_2698

Hope you have a Purrrrfect day!
Rita

4 comments:

Cindy B. said...

I loved that. Is no name a boy or girl? Let's call him/her Bob, for old times sake.
Bob loved cats.

deanna said...

Ha! Is there a feral cat free spay program there? We have a great one in austin (I am a feral caretaker) and can get all the medical done for freebie!!

Of all our cats only 1 likes to sleep with the kids and every night we give her to kid#2 and when he is asleep we give her to kid #3 and when she is asleep the cat is passed to kid #1. And then she has to be put outside because she declines to share a litter box with the other cats. We do this EVERY NIGHT.

Chris Dodaj said...

Aww, you are such a good person!
I had a "bandit" that looked just like that guy!

momma_drea said...

That was so cute. :)