Monday, August 19, 2013

A Hint of Yellow

Sometimes you just need a small change in order to make a big difference to a room.

I know this small table is tiny in comparison to lots of my bigger before and after’s and I actually contemplated even posting it today but then I thought why the heck not??!! I mean, sometimes it’s the littlest things that make the biggest difference and this table could possibly be included in that statement. So if I inspire you to do anything this weekend, it’s to find a small piece of furniture that doesn’t make a big statement in a room in your house, paint it some off the wall bright color and make a new impact on the whole room. Then shoot me a picture… and if you’re like me and wait a few weeks to do it, that’s totally fine!! Send it to me at any time!!

Here’s the small table I found at a yard sale for two bucks the other day. Again, nothing special.

IMG_2637IMG_2639

And here it is after, painted a pale yellow:

IMG_2681

Remember…once I went to my back yard and painted a stick to put on Ashley’s wall to hold her jewelry…again…it’s the small things… You can see more of her room here and here.

IMG_1357

Before I go, let me show you more ways yellow has been incorporated into a room to give it just a subtle yet powerful change (Images via Pintrest):


       

On that note, go out and make your own sunshine today!

Rita

5 comments:

Meg and Mum's said...

Such sweetness :)

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

i am a ayellow in small doses gal- great inspiration! and love the table!

Chris Dodaj said...

love the yellow!

Chris Dodaj said...

Love the yellow!

You are such a good person! My "bandit" looked just like that lawn kitty.

holli said...

Great stuff!