Monday, July 08, 2013

Vintage Vogue (kind of)!

Gosh it’s been nice not having to live up to the deadline that is “ Tossed and Turned Tuesday” and “Thrown Away Thursday”. I guess it’s also been a nice (needed) time off for my body to recoup and although I did miss the painting, hauling and all that jazz, with my furniture, part of me is dreading going back to the dreaded deadlines. I’m actually contemplating not doing it anymore and just posting the before and after photos in one post like normal people do it!!  Feel free to weigh in on this before I just call it quits on that part of my blog. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll still load up your blog feed with my before and after’s, but if you care one way or the other, I’m all ears!

So, On to Furniture!!

I’ve gotten back into the swing of things with one of my first side tables I’ve done.  This little side table was $2 at a local garage sale and was not so much on the pretty side. It  has wooden legs with laminate tops that were a little beaten up. I decided that since I really couldn’t do much to the tops by way of sanding, painting, etc., I’d decoupage it..  I found the perfect decoupaging paper when I found these old 1970 Vogue patterns at an estate sale for a quarter each.

IMG_2387IMG_2389IMG_2411IMG_2414

I could totally picture this table in someone’s sewing room for extra storage. 

IMG_2428IMG_2430IMG_2431IMG_2435IMG_2436

Cute and vintage, huh? I sure think so! I had a lot of fun with this piece and hopefully my future before and afters are just as fun!

Happy blogging,

Rita

4 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

that is such an adorable idea! love the patterns!

Twice Nice said...

Definitely cute and vintage!! Love it! So glad you are back up to speed, it was no fun having you down and out for a long while. Welcome back!

momtofatdogs said...

Deadlines suck. We all have to have them at our real jobs, but self imposed ones? Ha! I hate them. I like myself lots better when I don't commit to a deadline.

Give yourself a break. show & Tell when YOU want to!

Sam

holli said...

Great idea of the decoupage. I'm loving your blog! I'm also a Dallas girl. Lets go garage selling sometime....