Thursday, July 18, 2013

He’s Just Big Boned :)

I finally had time to get my side table sanded! 
It’s been raining daily in Texas, which is good considering how hot it’s been, but not so great for going outdoors to work on furniture.  Regardless, I got a minute with no rain and finally sanded and aged this small fellow:

IMG_2518IMG_2519

Do you see the potential? If I told you it was three dollars, do you see it?

This guys is small but REALLY heavy so I decided rather than go all crazy with my paint brush like I always do, I wanted it to be very subtle so I decided to paint it Old Ochre from Anne Sloan.  Then I went and sanded the heck out of it (on a non-rainy day of course;)

Here’s what it looks like now:

IMG_2528IMG_2529IMG_2531IMG_2532

Such great detail right??!!!  Love!! It’s not waxed just yet but will be soon. So let’s say it’s 99.75% done.

Ok, off to your good weekend you old souls!
Love,
Rita

6 comments:

Twice Nice said...

Great, great piece! Love all the scrolly details.

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

and now those big bones look lovely!

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

This looks incredible!!!

Tami Michel said...

It's rained three days straight here but I'm not complaining since we havent seen it in well over a month! I am so in love with this piece! You NEED to teach me how to shop like you do, you get the best deals ever! How about a delivery to the Houston area? Well done!
Tami

holli said...

Awesome table!! Yes, how do you find 3$ deals?

momma_drea said...

I love this one.