Monday, July 29, 2013

Finally Got This Eyesore Out of the Dining Room!

I hope you enjoyed my post on “trust” yesterday. It was awesome to be a part of that series and getting to talk about my experience and how I learned to trust myself.

Now, before I mentioned how I’d been a little lazy these days and not painting as much as I’d like to or should be doing.  Have I mentioned I’ve been eating lots of chocolate donuts as well?? I figure since I’m confessing here, I might as well give you the whole picture (right?). If you are picturing me in front of a tv with my donut stash in hand, you clearly have a crystal ball!

Well, not this weekend, nope! I finally (FINALLY) finished the chest of drawers. I’m sure Sammy is shouting from the rooftops because it’s finally out of the dining room.

I also, painted a few frames (post coming), painted a side table the same gray as this project…starting to consider calling this blog “50 shades of gray”, as much as I use it on my furniture. I also found a few cool blankets to add to my etsy shop, I’ll post pictures of them soon. OH!! And I hit the jack pot the other day too!!  I was working at Lula B’s and this girl came in and said she was having an estate sale next door and they had lots of stuff that didn’t sell that she did NOT want to lug home. She gave it to me and another girl there, FREE!!  Oh happy day!! I got 4 buckets full of STUFF that I would consider ‘gifts from GOD and Sammy...well …Junk! 

Without further ado, here is the chest of drawers in French Linen, very lightly distressed and with the same (untouched) awesome handles it had before.  So glad I left them alone.

Before:

IMG_2332

And After:

IMG_2594IMG_2597IMG_2600IMG_2602IMG_2606

He’ll be making an appearance in my booth and hopefully not sticking around for too, too long!

What do you think??

I’ll be posting this bad boy to a few parties:

Photobucket Furniture Feature FridaysElizabeth and Co.PJH Designs

Have a great week!
Rita

7 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

so much better! it really needed a good lightening up!

Full Circle Creations said...

Love the way this turned out! Great job!

Susan D said...

The hardware looks amazing against the paint color!

Tami Michel said...

You tell Sammy how much we business women, ahem---furniture hoarders---, appreciate the men that help support our quirky habits! He's a keeper!
P.S. please pass those donuts over with a big can of ice cold Coke!

Twice Nice said...

I did enjoy your post on Trust. Love that hardware and pretty new color on the dresser! And what a fun day when you got all the freebies! A good DIYer-like early Christmas. Have fun with the haul!

Kre8ive Life said...

It is gorgeous. I love it. I would take it off your hands but Australia is a little far to ship. Hope it goes well on you both it looks amazing.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

So light and pretty now! Glad you kept the cool hardware!