Thursday, July 25, 2013

DEADLINES

Everyone has them, is given them, gives them…and hates them! I’m so NOT excluded from any of that.  I did  away with my Tossed and Turned Tuesday and Thrown Away Thursday for that very reason.  Now I kind of miss it (sad face). BUT...don’t get me wrong… being flexible with my dates as in, “I’ll get to that eventually…” has it’s perks.

That being said, I wanted to remind you that while you don’t hear from me often, I’m busy meeting deadlines of my own, including therapy, court dates, sorority deadlines, vet visits, you name it….And yes that list goes on and on.  Sometimes I want to write all about it here on my blog but I’m afraid I’ll lose you all with my Debbie Downer stories.

So staying true to my blog that is all about furniture make overs,  I wanted to show you what I’ve been working on.  I seriously have had this in my dining room for a couple of months now. I hardly even see it anymore:

IMG_2332

So far in that time I’ve tested paint on a part of it…I know, big whoop and big time lazy!!  On the plus side, sales in my booth are going well. Too bad they’re not the bigger furniture pieces but it keeps me afloat and happy!

The moral to this story, not that there really is one, is don’t be too overly concerned with deadlines, have an attainable goal (even if it takes you two months), don’t dismiss the little things (they could be what pays your rent), and just because you don’t hear from your friend in a while, doesn’t mean she’s not up to her ears in crap.

See you later and be GREAT today!
Rita

2 comments:

Twice Nice said...

I've been wondering if you were just swamped or what?! I've been awol myself so much that I have tended to think everyone is running in their own circle like I am. Like a gerbil even! Can't wait to see what you do with that dresser. It looks just so substantial it has to be made for greatness!

Kre8ive Life said...

I love this piece sooooo gorgeous. I can't wait to see what you do with it. It is going to be stunning.