Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Blake’s Bike Nursery

I was given another mission from my friend Cindy for a nursery project she needed done. Since she lives in Amarillo, she sent this little chair down with her son and daughter-in-law, Terri (my boss!!) which I picked up last night.  I had three days to finish this chair only (patting myself on the back),  I got it done in one! I impress even myself sometimes!

I actually did a rocking chair for Blake’s big sister a while ago, you can see it here: Rocking Chair
(And YES it was another rush job from Cindy!)

IMG_1506 (1)

Cindy sent me pictures of the inspiration nursery. The theme is bicycles and being that the father is a cyclist, I think that little Blake will more than likely follow in his dads footsteps…at least up until training wheels that is.

This is what the chair looked like when I picked it up:

IMG_2493

And this is after:

IMG_2521IMG_2522IMG_2526

I freehanded the bike so you can tell it’s a little off but I plan on fixing it up tonight.  I was just afraid I wouldn’t get to take another photo while the sun was out.

I hope you liked it and since Cindy likes to be the one with the best gift at showers…I hope she prevails!!

Later alligator!!

Rita

5 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

oh adorable!!! i love this, rita! a favorite for sure!

Twice Nice said...

Rita that is soooooo cute! What a treasure to that little guy and his family.

Olivia said...

adorable!

Tami Michel said...

what a refreshing color. It looks so good!

holli said...

Cutest chair!! Great job of the bikes painted on it. I'm sure that was the hit of the party