Thursday, June 27, 2013

Our Finished Stools

If you read my post yesterday, you know the girls and I got up REALLY early and decided to start painting. I wanted to do some of the small things that still took up space in case the girls lost interest but they stuck with me till we finished these stools. I worked on the tops of each stool and they painted the bottoms. It was fun and we had a good time doing it!!

These are the stools now! Hope you like them!!

1. The first is my favorite. I found this small stool at a thrift store the other day. It was actually the most expensive of the bunch ($4.95). It had a worn leather seat that lifts off of the base for extra (secret) storage.

VintageBirdStool_Bef1

The reason it’s my favorite is I found this scrap of material that I fell in LOVE with. It was just a scrap, but it’s old and screams vintage and I’ve been waiting for something small enough for me to use it on.  This fit perfectly!!

IMG_2343IMG_2346IMG_2342

Since the material was blue and gray, we painted the base gray to match! Beautiful, I love it!!

 

2. This  second one I love too!!!I bought the material from another Lula B vendor (friend of mine) that gave me a great price for a big piece of fabric. This bench also lifts off the base and has a hidden compartment as well. I believe it is a piano bench but when I found it, there wasn’t a piano (haha) so it’s just a stool for now! Oh and check out that retro material. It definitely isn’t “Cool” Retro, that’s for sure!

RetroOagangeStool_bef1

And after!!

IMG_2337IMG_2334IMG_2336

Definitely “Cool” Retro fabric now!

 

3.This next stool used to be in Brianna’s room. I had it painted Blue with blue fabric to match her room colors but the only thing she really used it for was to house her clothes (typical teen) as well as serving as a step for Reese to jump onto her bed. This is the before photo of what the stool looked like when I purchased it years ago.

BirdStool_Bef1

We decided to make it have a pop of color so we went with this made up Aqua-ish color I made into chalk paint a while back. The fabric is left over from a lamp project a few years ago as well. It fit perfect and looked great with the color. I think this came out so cool!

IMG_2353IMG_2348IMG_2356

 

4. And lastly, there was this poor little bench who needed lots of help. He came to me free because he was badly burned. So of course, I take on things I more than likely can’t fix, but this time, I fixed it. It needed a new seat and cushion. I still only paid a few dollars for the wood, and the cushion I had on hand.

BurntStool_Bef1 - CopyBurntStool_Bef2

I managed to make a new seat but let’s just say, I still need to work on that area, so he’s a little wonky. Who doesn’t love a wonky stool, right!? Hopefully the fabric will  help with that!!

IMG_2361BurntStool1IMG_2362

 

Those are our stools!! I hope you enjoyed them as much as we did getting them together!!  And man did it feel good to refurb again~!!

So glad to be better!
Rita

5 comments:

Chris Dodaj said...

I love your finished products!! I can't wait to work on some stuff this weekend!

Tami @ Curb Alert! said...

they all turned out super cute! great job!

Twice Nice said...

Wow! Great fabrics too!

Roxanne Reinhart said...

Hi. Found you on Kammys Korner and I LOVE your stool restorations. Love them. Fab job.

holli said...

THose stools are great! i love love love the orange pattern. Are these for sell at your shop?