Friday, May 24, 2013

Week 1–Done!

photo (1)
Well it’s been a difficult week. More like a roller coaster really. Some days I was like, this isn’t hard at all, then the next, I didn’t want to get out of bed. One day, I didn’t even want to read my daily blog feed….GASP….EEK!!!  I know, for my fellow bloggers, this is like our livelihood. I mean we can’t get through our day with out our daily reads. Am I right?!

Ashley said she knew something was wrong that day and she was right.  Fellow girls I will lay it out on the line for you. I will be real and I won’t hold back!!! Everyone else, you will want to click off this page now…it’s about to get ugly.  Like “terrible – awful” ugly, and if you have read or saw “The Help” you will understand that foreshadowing!!

Yep, it had been 3 going on 4 days and I hadn’t gone to the restroom! I hadn’t really thought about it. I don’t know why but that fateful day, I called the doctor and told her of my dilemma. She informed me that I needed to make it happen or report to the ER. It was that bad! HOLY COW, what the hell??? Why the heck didn’t they tell me this in the hospital??? 
So I get my shoes on and Ashley and I go to CVS for something to help me poop!!! So disgusting I know. I totally wouldn't tell you all this but I feel like we are all close friends and I don’t want anyone to go through this mess if you don’ have to. And it’s not like we are in age of innocence and can’t say “the word”. We live in a world of reality TV, so yes, I said poop!

Anyway it sucked. I couldn’t sleep, I couldn’t get comfortable. I had a heating pad on my back and one on my stomach.

Needless to say, things FINALLY worked out and I didn’t have to take a trip to the ER. Thank goodness!!
With the exception of that mess, I’ve only been sore for the most part and my tongue still tingles from the first attempt at putting me under. Isn’t that crazy!!  Which has messed with my taste buds a bit and my eating habits have changed a bit as well. Oh and I’ve lost about 6 pounds. The hard way people, don’t do this for the weight loss! I’m sure I’ll get them back. Those fellas love me too much to leave me for long :) But I’ll see what I can do to prevent that~

Other than that, Ashley’s been a good sitter. This is a list of the movies we’ve watched while I’ve been home:

MOVIE LIST TO HELP YOU FEEL BETTER

1.The Little Mermaid
2.The Help (This should have been a tale tell sign!)
3.The Secret World of Arrietty
4. Hotel Transylvania (so cute)
5. The Descendants
6. Lincoln
7. Les Miserables
8. Mulan
9. 10 Years

Oh and this one I watched with Sammy… The Color Purple. I’d never seen it before.

So there’s my list! Today is Brianna’s day to help me since Ashley is babysitting my niece and nephew, and so far I’ve been lucky enough to see her play video games all morning and grunt when I tell her to get me something. Gotta love that girl!!!

The last thing I wanted to share is that when I’ve read over my blog list, and I mean thoroughly since I’ve been home, I can’t help but to see a difference in some that I never really saw before. I ended up cleaning my list up a bit. Some of these blogs I read every so often and I know if I were to meet these people in real life, we would probably really clash. Which is hard because I don’t really clash with anyone. Seriously.  Some people are mean actually. I ended up taking a second look at what I was reading, which were pretty much my guilty pleasures during lunch break at work but I don’t think I’ll do that anymore. I even read some to Ashley and she said they sounded like jerks. That’s saying a lot from someone who’s never read their blog before. Anyway, just needed to vent about that.

I also wanted to Thank a few people who helped me this week with wonderful kindness and sweet words to help me during stressful days!!

My family, especially Ashley who has been at my beck and call this week, Turnkey who sent beautiful flowers and a bear!!, Chris D. who has gone through this and knows the poop info would have been helpful ( I promise, I do appreciate you!!!!), Sam (mom to fat dogs), Cassie (of Course!!), Cindy, Terri, Amy, Carla, and Charlotte!!  Thanks guys, couldn’t get though this week without any of you!!

Love,
Rita

4 comments:

Twice Nice said...

Soooo glad you are feeling better! How awful that no one shared such pertinent info with you before they discharged you. And here I was picturing you sitting around with fluffy pillows surrounding you, chocolates at your side and a good book in your hands. Dang it, I like my vision better than your reality! You take care!

momtofatdogs said...

Well Rita, if you didn't live so far away, I'd drop in UN-INVITED with Chili or Lasagna or homemade cinnamon rolls - Or something equally guilty. AND...I'd clean your house. These are 2 things I know I had done when I was laid up. (That was over 8 years ago.)But I'd do it for you ! And you'd know (for sure...) that I wasn't some wierdo blog-lurker. It takes time to heal. I think you're getting there. Stay strong & most importantly? Stay immobile/laid back/couch potato-ish.... (best way to get those missing pounds back eh?)Get well soon Rita we ALL miss your creative genious.

Sam

ashlie said...

That's terrible, Rita! Glad that you're starting to feel better! If you haven't seen it yet, you should watch Pitch Perfect - its a great movie to cheer you up!

Chris Dodaj said...

It gets better, I promise!
I forgot my taste buds were out of whack for a week too! Take it easy and enjoy some rest. I wish I rested more.

Chris