Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tossed And Turned Tuesday - Dipped Stools

I’ve don’t typically lie, cheat or steal but when it comes to furniture designs, I just can’t be trusted! Whether it’s a chair or table I see, or even a paint color that just speaks to me, I know in my heart …I must recreate this.  I mean, I never had an imaginary friend growing up, but furniture just talks to me. And yes, sometimes I answer back.

That’s why when I saw this picture in the magazine (not to mention that price tag), I was like “WHAATTTT!!?? $300 for stools that I can pick up at a yard sale for Three bucks!?!?” Pfff yea …I totally had that moment and said that stuff in my head! …commence ripping page slowly and quietly to avoid detection…

IMG_1904IMG_1905
Now I didn’t do it exactly as I saw it in the magazine but that’s not to say it could not be done. I wasn’t about to strip off that black paint in order to get this raw wood look. Instead, I went with blue and white as my color pallet and this was my end result.

IMG_1870
IMG_1878
IMG_1869

Oh and I didn’t spend 3 buck either haha. More like $18 so that’s still not too bad. The chairs alone were $5 each and I had to buy spray paint which I was out of. But hell, considering I could have purchased a set for a few hundred dollars, $18 suites me just fine!

Not too bad from once looking like this:

IMG_1607

So what knock-offs are you working on? Or have you already done? I’ve shown you two so far, so now it’s your turn, right?!

K, see you later, and don’t forget to vote for me on Hubby Jack’s page so I can get a blog face lift for free. Help put Ashley through college by saving her momma some money!!

And for those of you who already voted for me, Thank you Thank you Thank you and I love you, love you, love you!
Rita

button

Just click on this button and leave a message saying your voting for Curbside Creations!

3 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

love these! the colors are divine! :) very beachy!

momtofatdogs said...

I agree with Cassie. Very So Cal. Or Miami - (whichever you prefer)....as far as projects on the back burner??? Are you SURE you want to know? I got 4 weeks. 4 weeks & my official duties as care-co-provider for my grandson while my daughter attends grad-school will be DONE !! And I got them piled up. Projects , I mean.

Sam

Tami @ Curb Alert! said...

Love the color you chose! Pretty!