Thursday, April 04, 2013

Thrown Away Thursday- Adrian’s Creation

This Thursday, I’d like to introduce you to my nephew Adrian.  If you don’t remember, I did a post on him and his desk he helped design last year.

Last week, I got a call from my sister saying he was watching “She’s Crafty” when he piped up and told her that he wanted to paint furniture like his aunt Rita (#preciousboy). So she called to see if he could come over one weekend and help me paint something and did I mention he had a plan! Yeah, he came with plans and all!! 

Enter, this $1 table I picked up Saturday at a yard sale.

IMG_1496

Since he had some great ideas, I thought this would be a good practice piece for him and he agreed. So onto the drawing board we go…literally.  Wish us luck on our furniture painting venture and come back on Tuesday to see what we get ourselves into, haha!

~Rita~

3 comments:

Tami Michel said...

Cant wait to see what he comes up with. I would love to go yard sale'n with you, you find so many good bargains. Of course then we'd have to fight for them!

Twice Nice said...

Ahh, that's so sweet! Have a good time you two!

momtofatdogs said...

I never saw the desk transformation & had to go check it out. Adrain is a little lady killer......It makes me happy to know that there ARE children out there that pay attention to what's going on & want to get involved with projects of thier own. You never know...Adrian could be the next big HG-TV hottie doing furniture ren-no's. You might also have sparked a life-long passion for DIY in him!

Sam