Monday, April 29, 2013

French Linen Coffee Table

MAY 10!!

Well the date is set for my surgery. I’ll be out of commission for a few weeks but I’m sure I can find something to talk about in the mean time (I always do). Don’t worry, I’ll keep you posted on what’s going on.

In the mean time, let me show you one of my finished “French Linen” projects.

I found this coffee table at a yard sale the other day and picked it up for $5. It’s not one of my normal purchases but as much as things are NOT SELLING right now in my booth, I thought this would be a good change up from my little nightstands.
I’m hoping anyway.

Here is what it looked like before:

IMG_1915-001IMG_1916IMG_1918

Nice finish…right?? yeah I didn’t think so either.

Here it is in with my new French Linen paint!

IMG_1951IMG_1955IMG_1958

I wanted to keep the light color so I opted for light distressing and used a clear Minwax finish over the whole table.  I’m still dying to try a dark wax on this color, so keep your eyes out for that next.

Sorry this is a quick one, but ’ve been low on the energy level these days as well. I’m crossing my fingers that gets better too.

Thanks for all the well wishes!
Rita

4 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

the table is adorable and i wish you the best of luck in your surgery!!!

Cindy Weston said...

Rita, I'm sure your surgey and recovery will come along just fine. They've come a long way with this procedure that recovery is much faster than it used to be.
I love how this table came out and how you still see the orange under the white in the distressed spots. It looks great.
Cindy

Twice Nice said...

From orange wood to linen, such a good change! Many prayers as you go through your surgery and recovery time! Take care!

Anonymous said...

Your style is so unique compared to other folks I have read stuff from.

Thank you for posting when you've got the opportunity, Guess I will just bookmark this page.

Here is my blog Green Coffee Pure