Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tossed And Turned Tuesday- Ashley’s Room Make Over

Keeping in mind that this make over was done on a “next to nothing” budget, I hope you like the results:
IMG_1348

Here’s Ashley’s Room ‘before and after’ photos:
AshRm_bef1
IMG_1361
AshRm_bef2
IMG_1341
AshRm_bef2a
IMG_1344
AshRm_bef3
IMG_1395
AshRm_bef4
IMG_1438
I don’t know if you can tell but this is totally a Pintrest inspired room.  I’m no designer, that’s for sure, but I took ideas I’ve seen and tutorials I’ve read, and applied them to this room. The Chevron wall is from Skinny Meg’s Living room wall tutorial. Dang she’s good!!  I followed her tutorial almost to the measurement to get this desired look.
There are also some little secrets here and there but I’ll show you those tomorrow.  For now, I’ll just say that my number one rule I followed was “use what you have”. The only thing I purchased for this make over was a quart of orange paint from Home Depot. The rest is what Ashley already had laying around, furniture we had on hand, old paint/brushes/rollers, and CLEANING  up all my crap from her room.
Tomorrows post will more than likely be a long one so make sure you come check out the ideas I used, I’m sure you’ll be amused!
Thanks for checking in on her room,
Rita Follow my blog with Bloglovin

7 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

WOW! it looks so amazing, rita! LOVE the branch and the accent wall!!! beautiful!

Vickie Mireles said...

I LOVE this!!! Great job!!! Oh and I see the owl. :)

Twice Nice said...

Hold the phone! That feature wall is Gorgeous!! It looks fresh and fun in there, just what a young lady needs. Love it!

momtofatdogs said...

Very Nice! I love the chevrons on the wall. Much more bold than I would have tried, you pulled it off fantastically. It will aty cleaner now that she's in college. I know this, from sperience.....Ha!

Sam

amy moore said...

The room looks fabulous. I LOVE the large DIY chevron wall-great job!

Kammy Wielenga said...

SaWEEEET! What did she say?!!! I love your "love" sign. And the chair. It's all stellar. :) Looks pretty designer-ish!

Cindy Weston said...

This turned out very nice. It's amazing what a few small touches can do to a room. I love the accent wall.