Monday, February 11, 2013

Tossed and Turned Tuesday–I “Union Jack”–ed

I seriously never thought I would do one of these because, this may sound weird, but I wasn’t fond of the bold colors.  Then one day as I was blog hopping from party to party, I saw one someone had posted that I absolutely LOVED!!! All three colors she used were green. They went from darker green to a lighter shade of green. I LOVED it!! I don’t know who it was out there that inspired me, but it was awesome!! 
This is how mine turned out!
IMG_0736

And remember that square this table had on all four sides? I didn’t want it to get lost in one solid color so I actually incorporated it into the design. That was really what sold me on using this Union Jack theme for this table. 
IMG_0750
Here it is again in it’s “before” stage. You can see how it worked perfectly for this particular theme.
UnionJack_Bef2
IMG_0738
IMG_0745
I used a blue color I had on hand and the detail is actually not white. It’s a light gray almost silver color. It totally looks white on but in the right light you can tell it’s not. The light blue that is in the center is a mix between both blue and gray. Total cost of this table… FREE!!  I used what I had on hand and the table was from my friend!
UnionJack_Bef1
IMG_0749
Almost forgot…I used lots of blue tape for this bad boy! I had that on hand as well so still didn’t pay anything.
Well I hope you liked it!!  I’ll be linking it to a few parties. Hope to see you there!
Rita
P.S.
Winner for my contest is announced on Friday. Don’t forget to enter
Photobucket Furniture Feature FridaysPJH Designs

6 comments:

Maureen said...

I'm just about to start a union flag end table for my daughter, so this is great timing to see your's! Well done.

Anne said...

Love the blue!
Anne

Twice Nice said...

Holy Moly Girl, how fun is that! I've always wanted to try one, but the idea of math freaks me out. :-)
What a cool fresh look that table got!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

it looks lovely in blue- i, too, love the more muted less contrast versions!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

it looks lovely in blue- i, too, love the more muted less contrast versions!

Peggy~PJH Designs said...

I love your take on the Union Jack It turned out so pretty. Great job and thanks for linking up at Transformed Tuesday. Hugs, Peggy~PJH Designs