Monday, February 25, 2013

Tossed and Turned Tuesday- Three Tables, Three Totally Different Transformations


Happy Tuesday and I hope your day is starting off well!! My\ Tuesday’s always do!!
Last Thursday I showed you three different tables I picked up for around the same $3.00 price tag. Each one was very different, but seeing the potential in each, I had to pick them up and add them to my collection of goodies. Plus I only spent $10 so that never hurt anyone right!!

1. First up was this weird little table I found that was very small and on wheels. This is what she looks like now:

Herringbone3 
Herringbone10

For those of you who don’t know, this is a Herringbone design. I’ve totally copied it from others in blog land and totally love it too!! I did it free hand with a silver marker I picked up at Michaels a while back.  The blue paint is an oops paint color that doesn’t have a name (as with most of my projects),and the bottom base is painted with a “Metallic” spray paint color I usually use on handles. Total cost for this table transformation was $3.00.

Here’s the before so you remember what  I was working with:

Herringbone_Bef1Herringbone_Bef2

QUICK TIP:
Rules don’t apply when you’re transforming!!. So in this case my table had metal legs but a random wood bar in the middle.
I noticed that the inside of this bar was a notch that in my mind, gave it character. Again, who’s to say there wasn’t a shelf or something there before, but whatever, it’s not there now and this is MY playground remember!
I loosened the bolds and turned that puppy around .

Herringbone_Bef4

.

C 

If you like it better the other way, you can always keep it that way. It’s totally up to you!
Ok, since the base was metal I wanted the wooden piece to look metal as well and gave it a couple of coats of “Metallic” spray paint and this is what it ended up with:
Herringbone6
Herringbone1

VOIALA!

2. Second, is this tall table I found at a thrift store. I wish I had better pictures but I don’t (sorry). As long as you get the idea, we’re good.

IMG_0908IMG_0923

I’ve learned not to shoot pictures on SUPER bright sunny days but this had already been taken . Oh and same for the ones you‘ll see on #3 (eek!). Regardless you get the idea of what a couple coats of white paint and a little distressing will do for a small cheap table. I love the elegance it brings to this table that was (ridiculously) priced for three bucks at a thrift store.

IMG_0884

3. The last one is this small (once) yellow kids table that I found at a garage sale. It had such potential, just needed some cleaning up first.

IMG_1026IMG_1028

I thought this table was too cute to pass up even if I don’t really have a need for it. Even if it did look like this when I picked it up:

IMG_0895 

I had originally given it a light sanding and two coats of primer thinking that ink wouldn’t bleed through, but it did (of course), so I resanded the top until all of the ink was gone. Sometimes it pays NOT to be lazy. In this case I ended up doing triple the work when I could have finished it the first time if I just sanded all that crap off to begin with!

IMG_0901

Yeah a little elbow grease never hurt anyone!! Then just a little oops paint, any color will do and a flower stencil on top and your done!

IMG_1025

Also, just to show you how small this table is, I had Brianna stand next to it for you!

IMG_1037

 

AHHH well that was quite long for me for a Tuesday. I have to go tend to a recently fixed cat now so I’ll see you soon and don’t forget to let me know what you think! By the way, thanks Deb and Tami for all my comments, you’re like my only commenters and I love you for it! If that’s not pathetic, I don’t know what is haha!

Thanks,
Rita

Photobucket Furniture Feature FridaysPJH Designs

9 comments:

Pretty Purple Treaures said...

They all look great! I love the freehand gerringbone!

With A Blast said...

All 3 turned out amazing! {but I think no 2 is my favorite}

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

they are all so cute- love the sweet white one and LOVE the herringbone, too!

Decor & Harmony said...

Love the herringbone table you have been quite busy :)

Twice Nice said...

I love that Herringbone, and I am in awe of you free handing it! I want to get that brave! The tiny table is adorable with that flower top and cheery color. The white table now looks like the elegant lady she was meant to be. Great job Rita!

Reduce, Reuse, Renewed said...

Yes, that herringbone table is amazing! Great job on all three. What fun finds to turn into treasure!

Rebecca @ Literary Spring Designs said...

I am impressed with the transformations. I like the way you looked at it creatively to see what could make it even more unique and fun.

Peggy~PJH Designs said...

Great job on all three! I think my favorite is the last, little one. So cute. Thanks for linking up at Transformed Tuesday.
Hugs,
Peggy~PJH Deaigns

Kammy Wielenga said...

love that white one!!! But they're all super duper! Loved getting to see three in one post. Oh and we're heading South for spring break but going to South Carolina.... not Dallas. :( BUT. My friend is now having a baby so now I REALLY will have to come visit!!!!