Monday, February 18, 2013

Tossed and Turned Tuesday - New Coffee Table!

CoffeeTable5
I don’t know if I’ve mentioned that my living room is really rectangle and finding a coffee table has been ridiculous! The tables I’ve run across are all too small or too square. Which is why when I found this table…the light bulb went off and I knew it would be mine!! BUT FIRST…lets get this guy cleaned up shall we!!

CoffeeTable_Bef4 
AND PLEASE remove all the gobs of paint from the top!!
CoffeeTable_Bef3CoffeeTable_Bef2
I’m not an artist or anything but come on… paint goes on the canvas people…not the furniture..NOT the furniture!!
All I can say is thank goodness I came across this table, not to mention for the perfect price of $3.00.  I’m telling you it was meant for the Mireles Household.  And like everything else I show my husband, there is always slight hesitation from him after I say,”by the way this is going in the house”. Then he gives me this look like, “are you being serious right now?!?!”  Gotta love that guy! Then to top it off I’ll tell him what I have in mind for the piece and I can see he’s trying to put it together in his head, but the dots are just connecting for him.  I know he just prays it works out. It always does!!
CoffeeTable4
See I told you!! Was there really any reason to worry?
CoffeeTable1CoffeeTable2CoffeeTable3
No more gobs of paint.
I know if I were to tell you what I had in store, you would never give me that look, right?!  I didn’t think so!
I hope you have a great Tuesday and thanks for stopping by!
Rita
check out where I’ll be linking up:
Photobucket Furniture Feature FridaysPJH Designs

10 comments:

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

Your husband sounds like mine. My hubby has no vision for what could be. He has said, "you want to bring that in the house?"

Love what you did with your table! I'd love it if you would link this up to my new linky party, "What We Accomplished Wednesday." It goes live about 6:00 PM eastern time on Tuesday night. Have a great week!

Hugs,
Deborah

Julia from Dozen Flours said...

Impressive!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

it looks SOOOO good! love he rich top!

Twice Nice said...

Never a doubt in my mind about how this table was going to turn out! It looks fabulous Rita, love the color. What a difference on that top!

Kammy Wielenga said...

you're my hero. But i've been telling you that for 3 years now.... :)

CraftyCanadian said...

Great find. My own husband was like yours...now he knows to trust what I do and the vision I have in my head :) Good job :)

Shelly Andrade said...

Your coffee table turned out fabulous! Love the color you painted the base!! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Too funny and I can picture the face he's giving you while your trying to explain but then loves it after. Men! Lol! Ps I loooove it:) Mele

Heidi said...

This is a stunning piece! Can you please share what product you used to strip & restain?

Rita said...

HI Heidi!! the process was rather easy. Once the sanding was done, I painted the bottom with Annie Sloan - Versailles. I did a quick stain to the top with Min Wax Dark Walnut stain, then buffed the whole table with a coat of Min Wax clear wax. It was fast and painless, thank goodness!!