Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Thrown Away Thursday- Lincoln Came Through for Me!

Sometimes I think you may get sick of my price tags on some of these things. Am I right? Well I’m not ashamed to tell you how much I paid, nor where I got it, nor what condition it was in when I found it. Heck,I think that’s the best part! And I’m more than happy to share my ideas, knowledge and even a table or two if that’s the case. I’m just that kind of girl! I share the wealth when I have it, which the last few months have not been the case, but that’s ok. Just know if I have it to share, I will!

So where does Lincoln come into play on this post? Well my five dollar bill of course! That’s what I paid for this table I found at a yard sale a couple of weekends ago.

IMG_0881IMG_0893

I actually found this at my daughter’s friend’s apartment. Brianna’s friend had her phone and we went to pick it up. I started out being bothered that A. I had to go out of my way to pick up her phone, B. that it was super early in the morning, and C. Even though Brianna called the girl the day before and told her we’d be there first thing in the morning, the girl never came outside. And of course, Brianna didn’t know what apartment was hers.  NO… that would be too easy!! No, instead we sat outside as she kept calling and calling to no avail. But as oblique as things seemed, we turned the corner of the complex and saw a small garage sale. I picked this table up for five dollars. It’s missing a handle so I’m covering the holes but I see nice possibilities in it’s future. I told Brianna she was LUCKY that the garage sale was there or I would have been pissed!!  haha, I know you know what I mean.

I’ve started to work on this and will show you the “after” photos when I’m done.

Until then, see you soon!
Rita

1 comment:

momtofatdogs said...

I Love your transformations! Can't wait to see what you Do with this one!

Sam