Tuesday, February 12, 2013

My Birthday at Tillman’s

IMG_0843
This Saturday me and some girlfriends/family celebrated my birthday.  This is big for me!  I‘m not a big time party celebrator as one would think. I love celebrating others “big day’s” just not  mine. In fact, I’m quite good at planning a good party or shower but when it comes to me however, I’m so low key it’s not even funny.
The last few years I’ve celebrated my birthday by eating dinner with immediate family and typically at Olive Garden (sad I know). I don’t like to stray from what I like and VERY seldom do I eat something new (really sad… I know). So this year for my 39th birthday  I decided to let myself be celebrated, “Rita Style” that is.
We all met up for brunch at  Tillman’s Roadhouse in Fort Worth. Since we got the times wrong, we ended up having lunch instead and had to wait for a  few minutes until they opened. It was kinda cold out but the guy there turned on the outdoor fireplace for us. It was beautiful!!
IMG_0867    IMG_0866 IMG_0870
There were 9 of us total. Like I said, I’m not a big party person so this was perfect for a quaint get together. In the group were:  Ashley and Brianna, my sister’s Andrea (Dre) and Olivia (Liv), my Boss Terri and good friend Massy (Dana met us later), Two friends who came to visit me from out of town: Susie from Colorado and Cindy from Amarillo.  I missed another friend by an hour, Debbie who was on a plane going home that day, but she was there in spirit!! I can’t say to these girls how much I love that they celebrated with me and how much I love them back!! You all really made this birthday memorable.
Get ready for TONS OF PHOTOS! I had my partner in crime Susie take the photos as well as give me a lesson on how to use my camera!!  She’s awesome!!
Tillman’s Roadhouse in Ft. Worth TX:
IMG_0829IMG_0831
IMG_0836IMG_0837IMG_0838  IMG_0842IMG_0839IMG_0840IMG_0849IMG_0833IMG_0845IMG_0846IMG_0848IMG_0847
AND THEIR HOMEMADE S’MORES!!  and coffee!!!
IMG_0851IMG_0855IMG_0864IMG_0844
Following Tillman’s was Pottery class (Woo Hoo!!) at Fire House Gallery also in Ft. Worth  firehousegalleryfw.com.  We all got to choose between picking a piece of pottery already made and painting it, using molds to create a bowl and design it or actually working the pottery wheel.  OF COURSE I GOT ON THE WHEEL!!  That doesn’t mean my pot came out looking like a pot in fact it looks more like a lopsided bowl but hey I made it and it will be beautiful. I’ll go pick everything up in a couple of weeks.  Not to mention all the “after” shots of everyone’s creations.
IMG_0872-001IMG_0874-001IMG_0875-001IMG_0876-001IMG_0877-001
The day was pretty long but so GREAT and I had SUCH a good time. I’m ready to plan the next girls lunch/pottery class.
IMG_0834
Thanks again everyone who attended this wonderful day with me. I had a blast and I appreciate each and every one of you.
Love,
Rita





















2 comments:

Twice Nice said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a great time, and what a neat place! Love the rustic with posh crystals and peacocks.

Kammy Wielenga said...

Oh how wonderful!!! You were a beautiful birthday girl!!!! Happy Birthday, Rita, so glad you got to have such a special day. That place looks awesome - great pictures!!