Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thrown Away Thursday- $5.00 Makeover

I guess you can see that I’m at it again. And for those of you who are new or visiting my blog, I’ll explain my madness!
Every Thursday I try to post a picture of something I’m working on that week. Since I work full time but have a small booth space in Downtown Dallas, I try to maintain doing a furniture make over at least once a week if not more.  In doing so, I thought it would be fun to post a picture up on Thursday of something I’ve picked up from yard sales, thrift stores, etc. Basically an item someone has “thrown away” and is now mine to refresh. It’s fun for me, it saves it from the curb, and it fills my booth. Win, Win, Win!
This also helps prompt me to get out there and get it done so I’m not empty handed come Tuesday.
Tuesday is “Tossed and Turned Tuesday”. This is when I reveal how my project came out(…or don’t and feel super bad about it) but for the most part, I come through.
My goal is not to show off with a “yay for me” or “pat on the back for Rita” but more so to inspire someone…anyone.  It’s simple really. Don’t’ take an item for face value. Anything can be changed to fit your d├ęcor. In fact, when Ashley and Brianna were little, they would watch Thomas the Tank Engine.One song they used do sing over and over was “Never Judge a Book by It’s Cover”. So if Thomas the Tank didn’t, neither should you!

Fist project for Thursday:
IMG_0624

IMG_0638
This was a garage sale find for $5.00. It went with a pretty bad looking vanity but the lady sold it to me separately just to get rid of it. I love it! Something about theses small stout chair with low backs…I just LOVE!
I did one similar last year. You can check out it’s transformation here.
Don’t forget to pop back by on Tuesday for updated chair. I can’t wait!

Well that’s all I have for today but thanks again for liking my stuff and coming back for more! See you Tuesday!
Rita

No comments: