Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Moment You’ve Waited A Month For

Wow if that isn’t tooting my own horn I don’t know what is, right ?!
Do you remember back before Christmas I showed you a dresser and nightstand I purchased from a church sale? If not here is a reminder:
photo (4)DSCN2722
DSCN2723
Hideous right? But with a price tag of $3.00 (yes I said T H R E E ), I couldn’t pass them up. The way I look at is, if it comes out crappy or I mess it up royally, hey it was less than my coffee from Starbucks so I’m cool with that!
I tried to work on it some before Christmas but the month gets to be too busy so I stopped half way through. I did give you a glimpse into what I was working on and still wish I could have done something with it but it never really panned out. Oh, and let’s not forget that I screwed up by mixing “not enough” paint and was left with a ginormous mess. You can read about that here. Oh fun days!
Well I finally finished this set. It took long enough for inspiration to hit but lets just say this started out being the “lazy” way out and changed quickly to pretty labor intensive stuff.
Side note: I just realized how many quotes I’m using and just be glad I’m not telling you this story in person because I would have been using my air quotes and that just gets ridiculous!
Moving on…
So here is the moment you’ve waited for.  I know, I know, I’ve caused some “sleep deprived” nights over this. There I go again… ugh!
Here they are, all prettied up in my booth:
IMG_0665IMG_0676
That’s actually fabric decoupaged onto the front. I wish I could say I freehanded those bad boys but I didn’t. Nope, I had some great fabric that I knew I could use and wouldn’t have to paint it all over again so I went that route. See I told you, lazy.  Well one thing led to another and I eventually finished. I think it looks pretty darn good though. I think this was the way to go all along.
So now that I’ve finally let you see this set, you can go on with your lives, get some well rested sleep and check this off of your to do list.
1. See Rita’s dresser/nightstand after photos – check!

You’re welcome,
Rita


Crossing my fingers and PRAYING I have a shot at this:

3 comments:

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

Great redo, Rita! What a transformation.

Twice Nice said...

Wow, what a FANTASTIC "save" on those pieces! Love your logic, and oh my gosh, what you did for them is just FAB!!! Holy Smokes girl is there nothing you can't do?! BTW, love the new look on the blog.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful web site. Plenty of useful information here.
I'm sending it to some buddies ans also sharing in delicious. And of course, thanks to your sweat!

Look into my web blog - bank checks