Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Tossed and Turned Tuesday- Retro Chic Is Here To Stay!

I’m such a fan of this type of style! This chair in fact, is such a statement piece I LOOOVVEE it!.

DSCN2697DSCN2700DSCN2702

Love that he’s so hip and modern (yet so old). Hey there’s nothing wrong with statement!!

Especially when you look at the aged look he was before:

DSCN2610DSCN2612

I mean, who doesn’t’ like an old flower pattern right??!! (Not I).

He’ll be going in my booth for sure, so keep your eye out for him if your local.

SPEAKING OF..

My first couple of days there were great. I loved setting up my space and Ashley even  came down to help me (she surprised me and I cried)…big ‘ol sap!

We set up on Saturday and part of the contract is you have to volunteer two Eight hour shifts. Since I signed up late, I had to take what was left so I worked half a day on Saturday  (after setting up my booth) and all day Sunday.  Not to mention my already 50 hour week from work …which meant I was pretty much a zombie on Monday. ugh…tired! 

BUT…

I met some great people and the customers were great! I even sold a table my first day there which I hear is pretty rare.  I also haven’t worked a register since high school or so, and got to do that too. Good to know my math isn’t too terrible since it all checked out by the end of the night – whew!

My boss Terri even visited me which was awesome and so very sweet. I never would have gotten that from my old job, that’s for sure (with the exception of my old boss who loved everyone!!).

The other little detail that I found so amazing for some reason, is this girl came in and dropped over $500.00 cash on costume jewelry and gold plated tea cups!!  FIVE  HUNDERED  BUCKS Cash on crap. Sorry, but really?!!?!  Amazing!

Thanks for stopping by and seeing my weekly trash to treasures, just in case I forget to tell ya! And don’t forget to leave me a comment telling me if you love it or hate it or if I need to try something new!! I love the feedback.

Thanks,
Rita

Posting to my favorite parties:
Photobucket

6 comments:

Steph @ Crafting in the Rain said...

SO much better :) Nice job!

Kammy's Korner said...

You're so right - retro never looked SO GOOD! Awesome!

momtofatdogs said...

I love it & it's very BOLD. That black is perfect for that fabric.

If you decide you need more PRACTICE come to TN & do my dining room chairs for me! ha Ha

And as far as being a sap goes, I cry when my almost 30 year old daughter CALLS me instead of texts me, or when my youngest 26 year old daughter actually thinks what I have to say might (just might) be right. No apologies needed for being a sap.

Sam

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

how fun and chic is that?!? i LOVE it, rita! slam dunk!

Nadine @ Chic with the Kool-Aid Mustache said...

it's so groovy! Love the new look

Chris said...

Hi there, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/