Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Thrown Away Thursday- Where have you been all my life?

The reason for my title is I found this at a yard sale the other day and have been looking for one like it all over the world. Trouble is, I would find something like it but didn’t want to pay the crazy cost so I’d pass it up. BUT THEN… Saturday morning, I came across a yard sale that had a shelf which caught my eye. I needed one small enough for my booth so I stopped. I had $7 with me and the girl said the shelf was $3. As reached for the shelf I happen to glance over and see this…

DSCN2682

B E A U T I F U L   G I F T   F R O M   G O D!!!!!

I politely ask the lady how much (trying not to salivate) and she shrugs and says “$10.00”. Without hesitating I ask “will you take$7 ?” and she said, “sure”.  Just so you know I’m not a haggler!! I pay the asking price, so the fact that I even asked is crazy to me.  And the fact that she went down and threw in the shelf for free is even crazier!!!!

I have to say I’m torn on what to do to this guy because 75% of me already sees it one way (which I’m not telling how I see it), and the other part wants to try something I’ve seen done everywhere.  It may just come down to how much paint is on this guy to determine the outcome.

Guess we’ll have to wait and see (don’t you love this sneaky side of me?)

Catch you later!
Rita

4 comments:

Olivia said...

i think this dresser needs a mint green moment!

Anonymous said...

Super high gloss fushia!

Megan said...

I vote mint green too! What a deal!!!

Twice Nice said...

Oh the possibilities! Love it. Have fun!