Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thrown Away Thursday–Coolest Chest YET

I didn’t want to throw in a picture of what I was going to work on unless I could finish it this weekend but I just had to show this to you!!

Setting:

Irving Thrift Store, Random afternoon, no money in pocket (so of course I had to stop!!)

Feeling:

Uneasy- what if I see something I have to buy!!

Unnerving (spelling?)- if I do find something I’ll have to dip into my savings and explain this to Sammy.

THEN IT HAPPENED!!!  dun dun dun…..

I see this:

DSCN2553

 

Cost:  written in chalk says $119.

Whew, I can’t afford that so I keep walking. Then..I turn and go back. was that a “1” in front of it? So I ask…

IT ISN’T AN EXTRA 1, IT’S $19.00 – HOLY CRAP CAKES BATMAN!!

So of course I buy it!! I mean look at that body and top…and NO I’m not referring to a gorgeous person!! And did I mention the hardware..ok stopping now!!

DSCN2555

DSCN2556-001

Do you see all the crap I’m covering up in the background…I have issues.

Posting my progress on Tuesday!

Have a good week,
Rita

3 comments:

Tami {Curb Alert!} said...

Dang girl! You hit the jackpot! I'm going to pick up a $20 dresser tonite but it looks NOTHING like the detail on that! And yep, hubby definitely not happy about another unfinished project around the house. Oh well! Thank God he loves me! Good luck! Can't wait to see your ideas for it.
Tami

Twice Nice said...

I see someone having a really, really fun weekend! I'm almost psychic right? Can't wait to see the results!

Nadine @ Chic with the Kool-Aid Mustache said...

Score! Can't wait to see what you do with it.