Sunday, October 28, 2012

Random Sunday Photos

Since I have lots to do before taking my furniture stash to Lula B’s not to mention price everything (so exciting), I wanted to post a few pictures from this weekend.

First up is this awesome, “meant to be” garage sale find from Saturday!!

(but first a story)

Sammy took me to get a coffee Saturday and to go to the bank to get some money. If you know Sam at all, you’ll know he’s a loving guy with the best intentions but his speed is…well…rather….s l o w….

He even offered to take me to garage sales and as Brianna and I looked with horror in our eyes we politely declined.  Instead we hopped in my car and hit the ground running.  I cracked up when Brianna said “man I didn’t know how much more I could take”. My sentiments exactly… We were on a mission!!

The first garage sale we came up to didn’t have much at all, but I did see two huge cut out letters which were “C’s”, which is fine if you’re name has a C in it…so I kept driving. THEN IT HIT ME!!!!  HELLOOOO?!?!?!?!

Curbside Creations

I whipped the car around and purchased them for $5 each. Not my typical buy, but these were meant to be!!

They wee originally black but I painted them an awesome bright color and will hopefully have room for them in my NEW booth (I’m hoping  they fit anyway). The space is kind of snug but it would be nice to tell people, “just look for the giant “C’s” !!

DSCN2588

You can NOT tell me these are not AMAZING and made just for ME!!

NEXT UP:

I found this mirror at one of my garage sales Saturday too! It was $3.00 and Absolutely Awesome!! He will also be at the booth!

First though here is a little riddle for you:

What do you get when you get an awesome $3 mirror and

DSCN2584

recently purchase $0.50 Oops Paint and one hot mama?

DSCN2592

That’s right one awesome mirror, and the hot mama is standing in the sun, sweating and stuff!!  Do you like my painting garb??? ha ha!

DSCN2589

And that’s my awesome digital camera that I hate. One day I’ll have a wonderful camera…one day!

And last, do you remember a mirror I was having major difficulties with?? I might have only posted it to my face book?

It had three layers of paint. White, Green and purple…yes I said purple!! It’s owner wanted to paint it a light walnut stain which was virtually impossible. Even after letting it bathe in my citrus paint stripper, it almost defeated me. I worked and worked on this until I could hardly stand it and in the end, it looked pretty good (considering). I did paint the shell part of this mirror off white to hide very noticeable imperfections. I returned the mirror this afternoon.

 

DSCN2587

For some reason I thought I took a picture of the whole thing but now it’s gone and I can’t take a full body picture. I’m a dork like that sometimes.

Well I hope you enjoyed my weekend projects and look forward to showing you Terri’s Table on Tuesday.  I did that for Ashley! She loves alliterations Winking smile

Rita

2 comments:

Twice Nice said...

I think those 2 perfect Curbside Creations giant C's are God's way of telling you, "I'm with you all the way on this one Rita"! Too perfect!

Megan said...

Those C's are going to be perfect, that was totally meant to be!!!! Love the mirrors, cant wait to some and see your booth :)