Sunday, October 14, 2012

$4.00 Table With Potential!

Intro:
First let me say I've been around just busy and picking up life pieces that you sometimes find falling apart around you.  But things are better and life’s looking promising as it always does!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I’m hoping in lieu of being gone so long I can make up for it with some pictures of the $4 table I picked up at a church sale a while back. You can read about it here.

It is FINALLY done and I ended up doing it in stages so although I don’t have the complete “after” picture, as soon as my sis gives me one I’ll post it here. For now, you’ll just have to use your imagination!

Here’s what I had to work with:

DresTable_Bef1

DresTable_Bef2

DresTable_Bef3

They were painted brown and had silk (NASTY) chair covers. The table was a dark brown and remember it ended up being particle wood and the chairs real wood which ended in a predicament for me. 

I decided that since this set was for my sister who has small children, I would paint the table and chairs black. This will give the the chairs longer life not to mention easier to hide the wear and tear that they are in for. Especially if I know those two little ones (and I DO!).

The table was a different story. It was particle wood which meant for me that it had to be painted. I opted for Annie Sloan’s Paris Grey. Then I went over it twice with dark wax until I got the look and feel I was going for. This is what I came up with:

DSCN2538

DSCN2539

DSCN2540

AND THE CHAIRS:

DSCN2543

DSCN2546

DSCN2545

I went to JoAnn’s Fabric but didn’t find a fabric I liked in my price range so we headed over to Hobby Lobby and found this for 8.99 a yard. I got three yards to be on the safe side and only ended up using 2. So technically this cost in total around $35.00 but should have only been $25.00. I have lots of extra material (sorry Dre)

I went in saying I need something with a pattern, something with Gray and that ties it into the gray and black table and that I got. I think this is gorgeous.

Not to mention I only set out to make this table look like she paid $400 and not $4 which I think It does. At least in my eyes Winking smile

So AGAIN, sorry to stay away so long for those of you who actually did miss me. I promise things are looking MUCH BETTER and one day I may share my sabbatical with you guys, but for now let me just end with  “Welcome Back to Me”.

Love you much!
Rita

Posting Here:

Photobucket

11 comments:

Marusca Gatto Glassworks said...

You have a very lucky sister! Table & chairs are gorgeous!

Marusca Gatto Glassworks said...

You have a lucky lucky sister! Table & chairs are gorgeous... Well done!

momtofatdogs said...

Welcome back & you don't owe any of us an apology! It's your LIFE! I think the table turned out fantastic. I love the black pedestal. You could make a table runner or napkins or placemats with the extra fabric!....Just saying...you could add to the "look" with matchy matchy stuff!

Sam

Tami {Curb Alert!} said...

Welcome Back! I DID miss you, my curbside buddy! The table and chairs turned out great and I'm thinkin' table runner maybe out of the extra yard of fabric??? Have a great week!
Tami

Twice Nice said...

So glad to see you back! I've been looking for you and missing you. Holy Smokes girl, that table turned out gorgeous!!! I love what that dark wax did to the Paris Gray. Having a little left over fabric for the chairs is not necessarily a bad thing for someone with young kids. That way if the bowl of spaghetti takes a dive and hits the fabric there is always more to replace the soiled!

Nadine @ Chic with the Kool-Aid Mustache said...

You certainly took full advantage of it's potential and it turned out great!

the junk in our trunks said...

very pretty table. great job.

momma_drea said...

I am a very lucky sister. I love my table abd chairs. I will send my sister a pic of it all together.

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

what a great set it turned out to be! i love the finish on the top- looks fabulous! :)

Kammy's Korner said...

Very beautiful, Rita! The fabric you used on those chairs are the curtains in my kitchen!!! I only have a few scraps of the fabric left and I'm holding onto them to make SOMETHING cuz I love it!!! :)

~Laurie Ann said...

Fantastic! I love the fabric on the cushions and the table turned out beautiful! Stopping by via Kammy's Korner.
http://www.the-finishing-touches.net/