Sunday, September 09, 2012

Table Woe’s and Aha Moment!

As much as I was dying to work on this table for my sister this weekend, I ended up at two stopping points during the process.

1. I had to work until 10:30 p.m. Friday night so needless to say, I did nothing but eat and go to bed that day. Then I had to get up to go back to work on Saturday for half a day to finish what I needed to. (Boo)

2. This table came with a dilemma I didn’t foresee and I’ll tell you why.

Here we have the table in question:

DSCN2388-001

Solid wood, awesome, right ??? WRONG!

The table top which I had an idea to stain rather than paint isn’t going to look like I had planned. When I was sanding,the awesome wood grain began showing through and then…BAM!!! Particle wood!!

DSCN2476

So that stopped me dead in my tracks. Now lets move on to the chairs. I’m assuming these probably aren’t the best chairs but I can give them a light sanding and paint them black (remember kids will be on these chairs) and as soon as I start sanding, the paint comes off really fast and what do I find?? Beautiful wood…. UGH now what. This changes my plan completely!

DSCN2467

Needless to say I’m not going to make my Tuesday deadline, not that I would have anyway…what was I thinking???

But before I leave you with nothing, AS PROMISED I will show you how much I paid (yes PAID, this was not free) for this set.

DSCN2461

If you can’t see it, the price started at $50.00, marked down to $35.00, marked down to $30.00 and I ended up purchasing it for $4.00!!!

WOO HOO is RIGHT!!

Damn that was a good day!!

I’ll also have a Tossed and Turned Tuesday surprise for you. It won’t be this table (obviously) but it’s a fun one!

Have a great week!
Rita

3 comments:

Tami {Curb Alert!} said...

WOW! I am impressed! Can't have everything for free but girl you sure come darn near close! Love it :)
Tami

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

i have no doubt you will still make it lovely! and yay on the price!

Megan said...

Well I'm sure it's nothing the furniture master can't handle :)