Friday, September 14, 2012

Annie Sloan–I love you

Remember I said I’ve been having a tough week, what with family drama, lets just say even though I’m pretty darn kind hearted my aunt threatened to send me to jail (true story), Work is not so great and I keep screwing up there, Brianna’s trying a new medication for depression and I’m scared, scared, scared that she won’t be better than a 4-5 on a 10 scale that her therapist asks her about. Oh and what else…well I guess that about covers it.

Don’t worry I don’t feel sorry about any of the above. I just look on the bright side and there is always a  bright side. Oh don’t get me wrong I’ll have my little break downs but I call up my sis, Ashley or BFF Steven and the world always seems so much better. Thank God for support systems Winking smile

So now back to my title! I worked my butt off this past week and what better way to treat myself??? Not a trip to the spa, or a make over, no I went for something better!! Something that I’ve been wanting for for months but refused buy myself because there is ALWAYS something that my hard earned money can go to (coffee excluded). That for me is Ann Sloan Dark Wax and a Wax brush!!! I even drove a city away to go get it! Yep that’s right and it was SOOOO worth it. I love it.

DSCN2488

this is was my first target with this awesome stuff:

DSCN2505-001

Here it is before:

GreyChest1

Man look at the difference!! Oh and if you like it with out the wax finish, please don’t tell me I’m in a fragile state.

Here are some more photos:

DSCN2508DSCN2511

 Yay!!!  LOVE!!! 

I hope you love it too! See you next week!
Rita

4 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

i am so sorry you are having a rough time, but yay support systems for sure!!!
the dresser looks fabulous! it has a little more life now i think.

Twice Nice said...

Ah Rita, I hope the worst of times are behind you now. Hugs and prayers being set to you. You are a master with that new dark wax. Your dresser looks great! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I always like to have a read about such things, my blog is related if you want to have a look round it please feel free. I have added yours to my bookmarks.

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

Hi Rita...funny I just splurged on the wax earlier this week. Going to try it out later today. I love the way the dresser looks now and I'm not just saying that because of your fragile state, ha! Hang in there, things will get better. I have a son who has bouts w/ depression, it is no fun at all to see your kid going through this. Have a happy Sunday, Sue