Monday, August 13, 2012

Tossed and Turned Tuesday–Bit O’Whimsy

WARNING!!! This is not for the faint of heart!

I have to warn you that I tend to get a little out of hand when the wheels start turning and I’m on a mission. ALSO, when I spend nearly nothing on something someone almost threw away!!

OK…Monologue over.  Here is what I came up with:

WhimsyShelf3WhimsyShelf2

This is supposed to be my “whimsical tree”. Although it may not look too much like it. I knew I wanted a long vine like tree and I wanted it to look whimsical but I couldn’t get the image I wanted so I googled one and this popped up. Well not this exactly, but similar to it. I carried this look and feel to the slats. See Below:

WhimsyShelf6

You can barely see them from the photo but I drew white swirls all over the back and front of each slat. No rhyme or reason really, just swirls all over the place.

Bottom line is I had a REALLY fun time drawing and coloring and outlining this little “work of art”. I think at the end of the day if it makes you smile, it was worth it.

Not to mention this was an eye sore before! I like the end result and I’m smiling! Are you?

WhimsyShelf_bef2WhimsyShelf1

 

See Ya,
Rita

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is of professional quality. Great job - love seeing your work come to life!

Sincerely,
A quiet admirer and a frequent visitor.

Jeannette

Twice Nice said...

That is super, super cute! I love the whimsical tree, and all the swirls!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

so sweet! any little girl would love that, rita!